new amp

lunarian1

• Members

would you go 2nd hand or buy new ? valve ? hybrid ? SS ?

I need something with a great clean channel and good headroom that will take pedals well and can keep up with a drummer and be heard well enough in a live situation without being miced.

play in a indie/shoegaze/powerpop type of band .

furnish me with you experience and advice ....

cheers .

• Members

Actually your rack would work well, but with a cab and multifx etc etc.

That poweramp is a great piece of kit, why are you selling ? You may regret it one day ..maybe ..I sort of did , with jmp1 etc

I just bought another amp of ebay.

I think I will probably regret it but I need the space, and my wife is complaining about how much space my guitar stuff takes up. So I thought time to sell some gear. (or shoot the wife lol)

It is a fantastic sounding amp, You can get a great AC/DC sound a great Sabbath sound and a great JCM800 sound.

+plus its as loud as you want.

Oh and great cleans

• Members

Used Marshall DSL401 or Classic 50 2x12...or if your back can take the weight a used Twin and some good OD pedals.
I owned and gigged the Marshall and Peavey for years and both are great amps; the Peavey has the better cleans and more headroom. Nice dirty channel too.

• Members

I can go one better than peavey classic 30 or 50 peavey duel 212 120 valve watts of the best clean ever also a decent od channel and tremolo and reverb built in 4 way foot switch for channels, verb, trem and fx loop.

check it here...

available for trial in shawlands

^ Good amps.

Archived