new amp, $1000 cap on fund

2_Fast_2_Vader

• Members

I'm in the market for an amp head. something that can go from hard rock to 'brootalz' and still have a halfway decent clean channel.

but if the gain channel is brilliant, I'd be willing to surrender the clean channel.

I don't want to exceed $1000 on it, whether it's new or used. and I don't need anything with a ton of watts. the two heads I was looking at are the Mesa Single Recto and ENGL Fireball.

let me know what you think. :thu:

• Members

You'll get a lot more versatility from the Single Recto but it won't have the crazy, super tight ENGL bottom end for heavier stuff that the Fireball has.

The Single can get pretty heavy but if you like super tight stuff you'll have to boost it and play with the EQ a bit.

• Members

You'll get a lot more versatility from the Single Recto but it won't have the crazy, super tight ENGL bottom end for heavier stuff that the Fireball has.

The Single can get pretty heavy but if you like super tight stuff you'll have to boost it and play with the EQ a bit.

yeah, that was what I was thinking. maybe the single recto with a maxon OD and 7-band EQ in the loop could tighten up the bottom when needed?

Archived