Top 20 Rock Bands of All Time

JBecker

• Members
No, I was more referring to the fact that they're a largely unheard of metal band outside of teenage metal heads.
:freak:

List with Zep, Beetles, Cream and then Meshuggah? wtf??

well im looking at this through a different lens than most. growing up in my house, if you didnt like meshuggah, you went to your room and thought about what you did. i've honestly never heard a song by cream and hadn't listened to the beatles until this year. and i think they're kinda meh with moments of incredible brilliance. i cant remember the last time i listened to popular music besides my paramore fetish so i have no idea who influenced popular mainstream rock, just who influenced the music i like

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
Now that's a list
:thu:

I tried to put personal feelings aside. I listed who I thought was the most influential to the most amount of musicians and/or the people that significantly broke, or set a trend in the industry.

For instance, any adoration I had for Nirvana and their accomplishments do not stack up to the fan bois who annoyed me and what their actions did to the state of music in general. :idk:

Cream I am "meh" about these days but I would be a liar if I said when I was learning guitar I didn't learn every track on their albums.

I could go on for days on my opinions, but at the end of the day, I am just another a-hole with an opinion, and frankly, that

• Members

good charlotte
simple plan
my chemical romance
panic at the disco
fall out boy
all american rejects
paramore
boys like girls
the red jumpsuit apparatus
atreyu
avenged sevenfold
new found glory
taking back sunday
the starting line
Senses Fail
Thursday
from first to last
job for a cowboy
suicide silence
bullet for my valentine

:wave:

• Members
well im looking at this through a different lens than most. growing up in my house, if you didnt like meshuggah, you went to your room and thought about what you did. i've honestly never heard a song by cream and hadn't listened to the beatles until this year. and i think they're kinda meh with moments of incredible brilliance. i cant remember the last time i listened to popular music besides my paramore fetish so i have no idea who influenced popular mainstream rock, just who influenced the music i like

Word :cool:

However the list was supposed to be "Top 20 Rock Bands of all time" ;)

• Members
The Beatles

The Who

Led Zeppelin

Pink Floyd

AC/DC

Gratefull Dead (kinda)

The Rolling Stones

Cream

Wolfmother is a very creative/intense new band

Black Sabbath

Ok - putting "Wolfmother" in the same catagory as any of the other bands you mentioned is beyond epic phail,.......I don't even know if there's a word to describe it,.... :freak:

• Members

So the Top 20 "Rock" band list on HCAF can include metal bands, pop rock,...pretty much anything? Ok,....here's my list then:

1. Led Zeppelin

2. The Who

3. The Beatles

4. Hendrix Experience

5. The Rolling Stones

6. Black Sabbath

7. Queen

8. Cream

9. The Beach Boys

10. Pink Floyd

11. AC/DC

12. Bob Marley and the Wailers