New Amp Input

bfrance

• Members

Looking for a amp and looking for input.

Ideally, I'd like a Mesa, as that is what I used to have, but I'm open to suggestions.

Looking to spend 600-1000, wanting a 1x12 or 2x12 combo, new or used doesn't matter as long as it's in solid shape.

Amp will be used for home recording, playing, and possibly jamming with friends, no gigging.

Must be tube, and no Line 6 stuff, as I have a pod-xt now and it just isn't cutting it.

Tone wise, wanting variety: I play mainly hard rock, but the amp needs to be useable for other people in my "studio for a variety of styles, including blues, jazz, lighter rock, country, etc.

I'm an open slate guys, have at it!!!! :thu:

-Ben

• Members

Looking for a amp and looking for input.

Ideally, I'd like a Mesa, as that is what I used to have, but I'm open to suggestions.

Looking to spend 600-1000, wanting a 1x12 or 2x12 combo, new or used doesn't matter as long as it's in solid shape.

Amp will be used for home recording, playing, and possibly jamming with friends, no gigging.

Must be tube, and no Line 6 stuff, as I have a pod-xt now and it just isn't cutting it.

Tone wise, wanting variety: I play mainly hard rock, but the amp needs to be useable for other people in my "studio for a variety of styles, including blues, jazz, lighter rock, country, etc.

I'm an open slate guys, have at it!!!!
:thu:

-Ben

Variety...in a good sounding combo...you have Mark IV written all over you. However your price range probably won't cut it.

• Members

Variety...in a good sounding combo...you have Mark IV written all over you. However your price range probably won't cut it.

Someone PM'd me about a Mark IV combo for $1100, so I'm sure he would talk with you about price, hold on I'll get his Moniker

• Members

If you trying to cover all those tones with one amp then I'd go with a Traynor YCV80 which is a two channel 2x12 80w all tube that has great cleans and good marshallesque crunch and takes pedals like your pod really good. It does pretty much everything pretty damn good. I used to own one and it was great.

Also theres the new YCS50 and 90 combos that are new. I saw a thread on here the other day about them and that thing has more features and really brings teh tone and they're all in your price range

• Members

Thanks for the input so far!

To clarify, it doesn't have to be a Mesa, I'm open to other amps, but Mesa is about all I know about.

Also, I haven't bought an amp in 15+ years, so I don't know anything about any of the newer brands like Genz Benz, Engl, Bogner, etc...

Keep the input coming!!!

-Ben

Archived