I need some quick input!!!

babond

• Members

So my roomate who is just learning to play guitar decided to hook my mesa single rectifier up with no knowledge on how to do it. He said it wouldnt make any noise and what not. I figured he just didn't know how to hook it up but when I went to check on it the amp wouldnt even switch on....and now im {censored}ing freaking out. what am i possibly looking at here? how much am i looking at??? ahhhh im so pissed off but its hard to go off on him because he could have lied and never told me he attempted to do this.

• Members

well NOTHING comes on....no light....no tubes...nothing. its not wall outlet and i did make sure everyting was plugged in good. im taking it to the music store tomorrow and going to get an opinion but ahhhh this sucks. could he have {censored}ed something major up?

• Members

fuuuuuck im freaking out....for all i know he could have hooked the input of the head to the cab....he is literally clueless on the {censored}. whats the most you guys think i would be looking at if it was something major?

• Members

Really the only things that would cause the light not to turn on is if the bulb blew, the fuse blew, or the power tranny blew. Everything else at least allows the amp to "light up". Make sure it isn't the 3 prong plug or where it connects to the amp... sometimes an idiot can break one of those guys off.

• Members

here comes a dumb question on my part....ive never NOT hooked an amp up and turned it on without a cab but if he did indeed do that...it could mess something up?

It really depends on the length of time. I've seen some amps on for an hour with no real issues come of it... but one time I was at a Guitar Center and some dumb ass left the amp on all day without plugging it into a cab... lets just say that the 100 Marshall at 10 sounded super thrashy and only tossed out about 40db...(that's not much).

But I've never experience anyone who has lost all sound.

• Members

ok so my roomate finally owned up to the actual cause of the amp problem. he plugged the amp up via slave input to the cab. he said it played for a bit and then just stopped working. is this still possible a tube problem i pray? if not what do you guys think it is? ahhhhhhh

• Members

ok so my roomate finally owned up to the actual cause of the amp problem. he plugged the amp up via slave input to the cab. he said it played for a bit and then just stopped working. is this still possible a tube problem i pray? if not what do you guys think it is? ahhhhhhh

CHECK THE GODDAMN FUSE. IF IT WON'T TURN ON, IT'S NOT A TUBE PROBLEM.

• Members

sorry douche i meant to say fuse and not tube.... i just decided to bump the post to let people know what exactly happened to the amp. its in the service shop now awaiting a tech early next week.

• Members
sorry douche i meant to say fuse and not tube.... i just decided to bump the post to let people know what exactly happened to the amp. its in the service shop now awaiting a tech early next week.

No need for teh douche-ismz. I didn't name call...just told you to check the fuse in the nicest way possible. :cop:

Seriously though, check the fuse, it takes 2 seconds...and voila you could have your answer.

Archived