GUITAR HEAD + BASS CABINET

heavyoverdrive

• Members

How do they sound together? I have a bass and a guitar, but I only have guitar heads and a cab. I play guitar more often and I am wondering what the difference will be if I connect my SS Marshall 3310 guitar head into a 2x10 or 1x15 bass cab. How would the overdrive sound through a bass cabinet like this: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Bagend-S15XD-1x15-Bass-Cabinet?sku=481214?

• Members

Seriously, what's wrong with a bass cab?

Well, nothing apart from the fact that it's designed and tuned to specifically recreate the frequencies of a bass guitar... which are, by the way, an octave below. Actually it would sound alot like the cheapest valvestate guitar cab you could find with a blanket over it...

• Members

How do they sound together? I have a bass and a guitar, but I only have guitar heads and a cab. I play guitar more often and I am wondering what the difference will be if I connect my SS Marshall 3310 guitar head into a 2x10 or 1x15 bass cab. How would the overdrive sound through a bass cabinet like this:
?

Play some and find out for yourself. You may find that it is exactly what you want.

Personally, I agree with insurrection. It will sound like a muffled amp, but if that is the sound you want, no one is stopping you from going for it.

• Members

Well, nothing apart from the fact that it's designed and tuned to specifically recreate the frequencies of a bass guitar... which are, by the way, an octave below. Actually it would sound alot like the cheapest valvestate guitar cab you could find with a blanket over it...

that's my dream tone.

i have yet to try my thunderverb half stack with a bass. would it be ideal to have a bass cabinet for this? the thunderverb is built as both a bass and guitar amp.

just my curiosity.

• Members

that's my dream tone.

i have yet to try my thunderverb half stack with a bass. would it be ideal to have a bass cabinet for this? the thunderverb is built as both a bass and guitar amp.

just my curiosity.

You don't want to run a bass into guitar speakers, especially at any significant volume because the speakers aren't designed for the excursion needed to produce the low frequencies - unless it's SPECIFICALLY designed for this.... at which point arbitrary taste of you as an individual would come into play and you'd just have to try it out.

Archived