What is/was you best gear purchase ever?

My_Darkest_Hour

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My '77 Superbass I bought from Sgt Thump for $650. Got my '90 JCm 800 2210 for an even $600. Got my lefty Kramer for $199.

And my Sobbat Glowvibe which usually sells for $600 new I got for $350.

I bought a Whammy 1 for $175. THe other one I got for $300. They go for retarded prices on ebay.

• Members

lessee.. my 78' LP custom.. $800.

my '86 mesa .50 cal-- $300.

my '91 mesa studio .22.. $400.

mm... a mid 50's ampeg jet i found in a basement... free.. and sold for $400..

a tube driver.. i think it was $50.. had it forEVER.. rock solid! don't use it, but it's the bomber high gain backup.. through about any amp it sounds like what a tube amp oughta.. so it's great 'in case'!

also.. these dingy things that groove tubes makes called power picks... they're silly.. but ol-half thumb here needs somtething to hold a pick..

• Members

$180 for a 72 Fender Super, great deal. My Mark III head and a flight case for it for $600 is probably the most bang for the buck. I've used that head for 16 years in every band I've played in and I still love it and it's in great shape partly because of the included flight case. $500 for my Les Paul wasn't a bad deal either.

• Members
Hiwatt2.jpg

Not a crazy deal, but I find this to be the greatest amp ever made... so
:p

1499$ for Head, Cab and heavy duty flight cases for both... It was custom made for Damon Johnson from the 90's band Brother Cane, it has a bit more gain than a normal Custom 100.

That's just fn' sick. :love:

That whole rig cost less than my Tremoverb combo. :cry:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Would have to be my current Randall MTS Rig...never should have sold it the first time round. Head (+2 modules) = $650 matching cab...$565 shipped

Guitar wise...real surprise...old Schecter Exotic...plays and sounds wonderful....$435 FTW!

Other notable purchases - Egnater MOD50 and M$..can't say I'll never let these go (only because there's so much money tied up in 'em)...but boy, does it sound wonderful.

Rigshot_021808.jpg

• Members

Really, I love all of my gear these days.

Cab:
Marshall 1960BV. V30's changed my life

Amp:
Marshall DSL100

Guitar:
Jackson RR1 (probably about to change as Im getting my KV2 here tomorrow)

Pedal:
Ibanez ts808 (that bitch is always on)

• Members

5150 combo. Goin on 13 years strong. Great for bedroom and band playing.. I got my sound in both worlds...

Next would prolly be the 20th anniversary Ibanez RG550.. I know they were overpriced, but damn do I love that guitar.. I put a set of Dimarzio Breeds in there and I couldnt imagine a better playing and sounding guitar..

• Members

my LTD M-1000, mainly because they don't make them anymore.

The one I'm most pleased with is trading one of its EMG 81's for an 85. Best move for my tone I ever did, period.

They don't make these anymore?

I love my M1000, haven't been this happy with a guitar in a long time. Quality.

• Members
starforce by far. use it for everything

:thu::thu::thu:

Glad to hear that!

Mine has to be the UL as well, got me into the VHT family. Same with my first Carvins. The combination also cleared up my sound a lot, and led me to really start focusing on being a better player.

Archived