Who sings better at night than during the day??

T.DEY

• Members

hey, man. i thought i did until i started recording in the studio and i saw that during night sessions vs. morning ones, i would get burnt out and fatigued A LOT quicker. i've engineered a few vocal sessions, too. and i can tell you, in any singing session, the singer really has only a few tunes in him/her. the repetition and constant scrutiny of every expression/pitch/volume/attitude of recording vox burns a singer out. it's a lot harder than singing a ten song set

i personally can only record about 2-3 full vocal tracks in a day, but if it's a night session, on the second tune, i start losing pitch. i feel like my voice is clear and strong, but i usually sing sharp when i have to hit a higher pitch among a lower phrase. (and you know, singing sharp is A WHOLE LOT harder to fix - and hear for the singer - than flat) my ear gets tired and only rest (or antares!!!) can fix that!

that's just me, though. maybe you're different. one possible explanation would be that a whole day of talking would help warm your vocal cords up better than in the morning. also, being upright and standing or sitting all day would help limit the amount of mucous in your sinuses - creating clearer tone and air passage.

• Members

Originally posted by SixStringAxis

Maybe your just a night person more awake more focused at night. Maybe your just warmed up from practicing all day! lol

Yeah probably, it's definitely a combination of what you and the previoius poster said. I definitely wake up more at night, it's a gift and a curse :cool: It sucks though, cause it's 742am right now.

• Members

I think in general, your vocal chords loosen up during the day. I certainately find my voice first thing in the morning struggles on an Eb, wheras in the evening I can hit a high G, 3 tones of difference!

Archived