Tell me about the Bogner Uberschall

Faust2016

• Members

So I've been trying to sell my Dragon for some time, and I'm waiting for the right oppurtunity..

Now finally I've got someone who wants to trade for an Uberschall (+cash from my side), which I really liked in the music store!!

I've done some reading on the Uberschall already and came across the "Blue Revision" thing. Anyone can comment on that?

Also are there any other version things going on?

And has anyone clips of an Uberschall doing the non-br00tulz? Cuz the one trick pony thing seems to be a point of discussion..

Anyone ever paired an Uberschall with a Dragon 4x12?

How does the Uberschall like different pickups?

I know, lots of questions.. NOW GIVE ME SOME ANSWERS :cop:

plz :cry:

• Members

I think I've already chimed in on a few of these posts recently but I can tell you what I know from my experience with them.

IMO the Uber was designed to do one thing.....DESTROY!!!! (hence the one trick pony description that pops up with it)

It CAN be dialed in to do lower gain stuff fairly well but not great by any means. Forumite Duolos always attacks me when I say that :lol::thu:

(btw...he knows that amp inside and out.)

The cleans are pretty damn good IMO...especially for a high gainer. It's not as good as the Cobra's clean channel but it will certainly hold up and you can get great recordings out of it.

I've played two different Ubers (both Rev. Blue) and BOTH of them easily got muddy sounding when you dialed in too much bass. There are people here who will tell you that it stays tight no matter what but I would have to disagree and ultimately say BS. Especially if both of the ones I played reacted the same.

You have to be careful on how much bass you dial in to avoid the mud. The presence and treble knobs work together so you have to do a little experimenting with them in order to get a smooth high end and avoid getting those spikey highs. Overall it's still a cool amp for high gain stuff but if you're looking for versatility, I would suggest looking elsewhere. I would keep the Dragon if I were you.

• Members

Get the Uber. Everything about the amp is of super high quality and you can really hear it. It pushes air better than anything Ive played through and I own alot of {censored}. It sounds beefier and clearer than any other amp out ther in band/recording situations. It also works awesome with pedals so your options are limitless.

Im contemplating selling all my other stuff and just using the Uber and some pedals. It just sounds better no matter how much I try to tell myself its missing something just so I have a reason to keep my other amps.

• Members

yup. i say get it, especially if you can get it under cost. we've got one at the studio and when its nice and cranked it truly is breath-taking.

i do wish the eq sections were broader. they seem very focused on a specific range, which really add to the one trick pony.

it does respond very well to different guitars and pickups. the emg loaded sg we have has the br00talz sound you would expect. the telecaster we put through it last night really surprised me, backed up on the gain (that's right) and it was the heaviest thing i ever heard.

i do hate the clean channel though, its drab, boring. and even when it's cranked it's barely half the volume of the lead channel. never tried it with a clean boost, though. that would probably be more to my liking.

the fx loop has excellent headroom.

yes, the uberschall is a one trick pony, but it's still one helluva trick that's worth every penny.

• Members

I think I've already chimed in on a few of these posts recently but I can tell you what I know from my experience with them.

IMO the Uber was designed to do one thing.....DESTROY!!!! (hence the one trick pony description that pops up with it)

It CAN be dialed in to do lower gain stuff fairly well but not great by any means. Forumite Duolos always attacks me when I say that
:lol::thu:
(btw...he knows that amp inside and out.)

The cleans are pretty damn good IMO...especially for a high gainer. It's not as good as the Cobra's clean channel but it will certainly hold up and you can get great recordings out of it.

I've played two different Ubers (both Rev. Blue) and BOTH of them easily got muddy sounding when you dialed in too much bass. There are people here who will tell you that it stays tight no matter what but I would have to disagree and ultimately say BS. Especially if both of the ones I played reacted the same.

I'd have to agree on the muddy thing. Although I haven't had the experience to try mine through a different set of speakers like you Dragon Cab. I have mine running through a Marshall 1960a. I JUST got it on Saturday and used it at practice and noticed I was getting a thuddy bottom end. I dialed the bass back to about 1 o'clock and BOOM that thing cleared up and maintained it's punchiness...even more actually.

I'd love to hear it through your cab. As you can see in my sig, I am probably going to end up with the Uberkab. I play tha brOOtalz so I haven't had much experience with the mid gain stuff yet.

The clean channel on my rev blue has the inherent low volume problem that I have yet to work out. I don't know if you have heard anything about this, but the volumes don't match up well from the clean to the distortion channels. What I have heard of my clean sounded pretty nice. Much nicer than my single recto had. I really need to spend some quality time with it though.

Hope that this helps at least a little.

• Members

I'd have to agree on the muddy thing. Although I haven't had the experience to try mine through a different set of speakers like you Dragon Cab. I have mine running through a Marshall 1960a. I JUST got it on Saturday and used it at practice and noticed I was getting a thuddy bottom end. I dialed the bass back to about 1 o'clock and BOOM that thing cleared up and maintained it's punchiness...even more actually.

I'd love to hear it through your cab. As you can see in my sig, I am probably going to end up with the Uberkab. I play tha brOOtalz so I haven't had much experience with the mid gain stuff yet.

The clean channel on my rev blue has the inherent low volume problem that I have yet to work out. I don't know if you have heard anything about this, but the volumes don't match up well from the clean to the distortion channels. What I have heard of my clean sounded pretty nice. Much nicer than my single recto had. I really need to spend some quality time with it though.

Yeah if you try it out with V30s, the bass response is a LOT more forgiving with that head than with G12-75T's.

As far as the low volume clean channel, It is stated on the manual that you're supposed to put up the channel volume to at least 5 o'clock :eek: to match up with the overdrive channel. That's how fuckin' br00tal the gain on that head is.

• Members

You need to crank the clean channel's volume and gain control on the Rev Blue to at least 3:00, then on the gain channel keep your channel volume lower to balance out with it and then use the master volume to adjust the overall volume.

Archived