best solid state...

CorpseTumor

• Members

zeptallica thanks for the offer ill let you know ;D i might wait on the valvestate.

voltaire the picture does have to do with the thread but i do not want a jazz chorus to connect a buncha pedals to lol.i am aware i cant play without a cab though

well.. that amp only does cleans.. and that's it. it won't fit you at all.

that guy just posted that amp because he feels it is the best solid state amp.. a lot of people think those are the best...

those people are just on the bandwagon.. a bunch of famous people used that amp for their clean tones..

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

get one of these

http://cgi.ebay.com/CRATE-Amp-GX130C_W0QQitemZ150236350273QQihZ005QQcategoryZ23787QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

they are like the ampeg but have cleaner cleans if your looking to do clean stuff. sometimes you can find them for 150 bucks. then you should try to find an old randall cab with jaguar speakers for 200 bucks and you will be ready to rock out

• Members

get one of these

they are like the ampeg but have cleaner cleans if your looking to do clean stuff. sometimes you can find them for 150 bucks. then you should try to find an old randall cab with jaguar speakers for 200 bucks and you will be ready to rock out

YEAH! definitely, totally forgot about that, don't know how..

• Members

yea i know voltaire lol.i dont want a clean amp to use 10000 pedals on lol.exageration of course.

i also looked at that crate how does it compare?the auction seemed iffy as the guy doesnt know about amps and such.

yeah, the auction does seem iffy...

he's probably doing it for a friend of his. dunno..

• Members

and like raceu4her said i may be able to find em for cheaper.Im hearing postings that the valvestate has a problem in the mix live anyone got any experience with these?
Off topic:Im soo happy right now i just sold a bioshock action figure for 87 dollars XD and i got another one ending in an hour with 44 dollars XD.definitely going into my amp savings

• Members

well then what do you recommend?i found it hard to find a good tube amp for high gain and decent cleans.

pritchard amps?

Carvin Legacy

Laney

Various Peaveys, the ultra is cheap and fits the bill. I like it more than the valve kings they have now

Marshall DSL

• Members
and like raceu4her said i may be able to find em for cheaper.Im hearing postings that the valvestate has a problem in the mix live anyone got any experience with these?

Off topic:Im soo happy right now i just sold a bioshock action figure for 87 dollars XD and i got another one ending in an hour with 44 dollars XD.definitely going into my amp savings

HAH! that's kick ass!

well.. live.. in the mix.. well, raise your mids and you'll be fine. have a good audio engineer at your gigs set the PA volumes correct.. and yeah :thu:

• Members

Carvin Legacy

Laney

Various Peaveys, the ultra is cheap and fits the bill. I like it more than the valve kings they have now

Marshall DSL

carvin legacy for that money?

ultra im still considering.i didnt like the valveking very much though

marshall dsl?thats a new one ill look that one up any specific models?

• Members

carvin legacy for that money?

ultra im still considering.i didnt like the valveking very much though

marshall dsl?thats a new one ill look that one up any specific models?

If you go used you can get a legacy head for $400 plus shipping. They fluctuate between $400-$600, just have to get lucky. The DSL combos are pretty cheap on ebay. I'm not sure if/how they differ from the heads though

• Members

The Crate V32H that goes for 299.99 is supposed to get pretty gainy with a boost and it's all tube.

Lot's of used options too. In the 400 dollar range you could easily get a great tube amp.

Nothing against SS, just saying.

Crate Stealth
Peavey VTM

Archived