Just got back from the EGNATER Amp Seminar!!!

turtletheyertle

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

good question.

I forget why they aren't twisted in the seminar amp.

I'm sure Bruce knows the reason. I forget.

Does it supposedly add noise (not twisted.) since it's an AC line?

The idea is just to keep the heater wires close to each other. Twisting them together ensures this, but if they are close each other anyway, and there's no hum, twisting makes no difference.

• Members

So I ask again, has anyone that has done the seminar done any other builds. I am wondering if after successfully building the Egnter kit, how building something like an SLO clone would be.

Dude - that is the whole reason I'm going. I know several guys who have gone on to do many more builds of completely different, very complex amps once they took the seminar. It helps to get some understanding of amps and how they work additionally though. If I were you, I'd check out the metroamp forum and also get Dan Torres book "Inside Tube Amps". I know lots of the theory now from those sources - the class will just teach me how to physically assemble a fairly complex amp. My next build (I already have the parts) after the seminar will be a 100W with switchable gain stages...

Steve

• Members

So I ask again, has anyone that has done the seminar done any other builds. I am wondering if after successfully building the Egnter kit, how building something like an SLO clone would be.

Technically, no.

But, I bought another clone and I know EXACTLY what does what in this circuit. I am going to truly {censored} it up with an extra gain stage or 2.

That's what it means

(besides being able to bias my 2150 when I had no clue before.)

• Members

I'm planning on building a small class A head soon, probably an ax84 high octane or a torres tone frenzy. I want to get a little more familiar with building from scratch, then I plan to make a two channel amp, with two completely seperate preamps and reverb. I want to have one channel be the preamp from the seminar, and then the other channel should be more of a fenderish clean channel. I plan to use a two tube push pull power section with kt88's for 70-100 watts.

• Members

I'm planning on building a small class A head soon, probably an ax84 high octane or a torres tone frenzy. I want to get a little more familiar with building from scratch, then I plan to make a two channel amp, with two completely seperate preamps and reverb. I want to have one channel be the preamp from the seminar, and then the other channel should be more of a fenderish clean channel. I plan to use a two tube push pull power section with kt88's for 70-100 watts.

That sounds :love:. I wish I had the time and money to do something like this. Gotta pay some more dues in the rat race, I suppose. :cry:

Archived