Switching Bugera 333XL with G-Major relays

superludox

• Members

Hi Jensu !

Well, it does not totally work for me :cry:. I used a stereo jack to connect Clean and Lead from the G-Major 2 relays. I tested with 2 midi presets on the G-major : patch2 for lead has open/closed and patch5 for Clean has closed/open. It works for instance when I press my patch 2, Lead is selected on the head. BUT, it is like I was leaving my foot pressing the lead channel and the bugera floorboard, nothing else is responding. If I press on patch 5, clean channel is not selected cause Lead channel is infinitely selected. If I select a midi patch which has relays open/open configured, it is releasing the lead relay and I can switch to Clean with patch 5 and vice/versa !

Is your midi unit capable of select a relay and release it immediately ? Are the state of the relays editable as well?

Looks like the G-Major relays are not what is called 'momentary switch" ?!

see you

• Members

Well, I will try with my FCB1010 relays. It is said to be capable of impulsion commands (momentary switch). I will post my results :thu:.

Edit : It works !!! The FCB relays can be latch or momentary. With momentary by default it works perfectly.

I will post some pictures of my FSB104 mod.

• Members

Good job dude! Glad it worked for you!

How bloody good does it feel to have this {censored} MIDI controlled, I despise tap dancing! XD

Cheers mate,

Keep in touch if you need anything else or have in other info XD

• 8 months later...
  • Members

Sorry to be reopening this issue. I have a 6260 and I'm thinking about acquiring a gmajor along with an fcb1010. In the case of the 6260, is it also needed a stereo jack in order to switch channels with the fcb1010? I'm only asking this since the 6260 has only 2 channels... :confused:

• Members

Sorry to be reopening this issue. I have a 6260 and I'm thinking about acquiring a gmajor along with an fcb1010. In the case of the 6260, is it also needed a stereo jack in order to switch channels with the fcb1010? I'm only asking this since the 6260 has only 2 channels...
:confused:

Hi!

Actually, yes you'll need a stereo jack to control each channel. The G-major will be no help there since it does not feature impulsion switch.

Keep in mind that you have to modify the Bugera floorboard and connect it in the FCB1010 relay.

Ludo

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I did the modification to the footswitch of my 6260, but it doesn't works :confused:

I connected the jacks to the terminals....

I assume that it because the footswitch models are slightly different....

Can I have your input on this?

Thank you very much.

1.jpg

2.jpg

• Members
I did the modification to the footswitch of my 6260, but it doesn't works
:confused:

I connected the jacks to the terminals....

I assume that it because the footswitch models are slightly different....

Can I have your input on this?

Thank you very much.

1.jpg

2.jpg

You could try a Marshall JMP MK II, then all you would need is a cord & a guitar.:thu::love::love::love::love::love:

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...
  • Members

Hello

I dig the post.

Do you could send me pictures of the adapter. This interested me greatly. I want to drive my head BUGERA 333XL bypassing the FSB104 footswitch. I do not need that the CLEAN / CRUNCH / LEAD.

I hassle to find the solution.

Thank you

• Members
Hello

I dig the post.

Do you could send me pictures of the adapter. This interested me greatly. I want to drive my head BUGERA 333XL bypassing the FSB104 footswitch. I do not need that the CLEAN / CRUNCH / LEAD.

I hassle to find the solution.

Thank you

I doubt you'll get much of a response since this thread is nearly seven years old. It might help to start a new thread.

• 5 months later...
  • Members

i bought my bugera 6260 without a foot switch and from what i just gathered reading all the posts here i may be able to switch channels on the bugera with my FCB1010 midi footboard {interesting they are both behringer products} but we wont be using midi we will use the 2 non-latching 1/4"jacks on the FCB1010 board a midi cable has the same plug end as the fsb104a foot switch

so we need to adapt one end of the midi cable to covert the correct lines from the midi cable into 2 -1/4" jacks {resisters are required} then plug 2 guitar chords from the conversion box at the end of the midi cable to my FCB1010 footswitch so all i need to figure out now is which wires are what inside the midi cable

i will look for the wire with 4.5volts first , and the ground is easy to find , i still have to figure out which the other 3 wires are 100k ohm resister for clean a 3.3k ohm for lead

some kind of small box on the end of the midi cord to house the connections and parts

almost there not too much else to figure out i

its good knowing some else got the fcb1010 to work even tho it was connected thru the original foot switch

is the diagram is correct? i may need to research this a lot more but yaaa it can be done

anyone else got the same idea?

Archived