How much for a Randall RGT-100 ES Head?

Cliff Fiscal

• Members

yeah, I thought the cleans were really nice too. I was kind of shocked when I saw it, he said he thought it was a tube head, but wasn't sure. Got down there, and it was under a sheet. I had no idea Randall even made such an amp. Hooked it up to an old Fender cab he had, and she fired right up after 15 years, lol. I was actually impressed with the gain too, it's really not bad man. It was a little noisy as I remember, but it still sounded good. Put some fresh pres and power tubes in it, and you might be pleasantly surprised. If not, you could probably sell it pretty easy without losing much. With the low initial investment, something like that could also be a good candidate to send to Jerry or Trace I imagine too.

oh, congrats on the Carvin too man, always psyched when you find an amp you really dig.
:thu:

That's what happened to me when I walked in that shop....I went "OOOoooo an old amp head.....I remember some guy talking about the Randalls (-Juggernaut-)"....then I look closely and realized it was tube. I gave my g/f this look ":eek:" and played it. I couldn't believe the clean sounded so good. I couldn't switch channels.....just blend them together or turn one or the other down all the way? Maybe that had something to do with it?

Yeah.....I'm not one to gush about an amp before I own it for a while....but the Carvin does everything I've always wanted an amp to do.

• Members

That's what happened to me when I walked in that shop....I went "OOOoooo an old amp head.....I remember some guy talking about the Randalls (-Juggernaut-)"....then I look closely and realized it was tube. I gave my g/f this look ":eek:" and played it. I couldn't believe the clean sounded so good. I couldn't switch channels.....just blend them together or turn one or the other down all the way? Maybe that had something to do with it?

Yeah.....I'm not one to gush about an amp before I own it for a while....but the Carvin does everything I've always wanted an amp to do.

ahh yeah, I remember that now, you could select the channels seperate, or blend them, that threw me when I first looked at it. As I recall, it was 2 independent channels you could select with the footswitch, but I'm not sure if using the volume controls for the blend was the same thing as switching.

BTW, just browsing around, maybe $300 is a better deal, I guess $350 is around the normal rate? I would have thought it was more than that. I saw one article talking about Tesla using them live thru the 80's/90's.

• Members

ahh yeah, I remember that now, you could select the channels seperate, or blend them, that threw me when I first looked at it. As I recall, it was 2 independent channels you could select with the footswitch, but I'm not sure if using the volume controls for the blend was the same thing as switching.

BTW, just browsing around, maybe $300 is a better deal, I guess $350 is around the normal rate? I would have thought it was more than that. I saw one article talking about Tesla using them live thru the 80's/90's.

Me either.....:idk:

Yeah......I know it's not spectacular deal.....some guy on eBay is willing to start at $400...:eek:...I messaged him to figure out an estimated value or what someone would pay.:cool:

Since they're so rare......I almost can't pass it up. I'm an amp freak.:rolleyes::cry:

• Members

Me either.....
:idk:

Yeah......I know it's not spectacular deal.....some guy on eBay is willing to start at $400...
:eek:
...I messaged him to figure out an estimated value or what someone would pay.
:cool:
Since they're so rare......I almost can't pass it up. I'm an amp freak.
:rolleyes::cry:

hehe, yeah, I would pick it up too, even if just to mess around with it. I'm a big amp freak these days. One more thing I remember, it was LOUD as hell, and definitely started to open up when it was pushing more air. Let me know how it goes if you pick it up. :thu:

• Members

hehe, yeah, I would pick it up too, even if just to mess around with it. I'm a big amp freak these days. One more thing I remember, it was LOUD as hell, and definitely started to open up when it was pushing more air. Let me know how it goes if you pick it up.
:thu:

$300 bucks for a tube amp doesn't get you much these days....and that Randall was alot of amp...that's for sure.

Yeah, I think I had it on .75 in the shop, and I was rattling the floors.:freak:

I forsee an attenuator in my future.

Will do....I'll take pics and post a NAD thread.....maybe even clips....if I have time and/or feel up to it.

• Members

Am I even going to like this amp.....these tones do not appeal to me....:cry:

[YOUTUBE]BheB7agxFBE&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]LMdSa0-ibNI[/YOUTUBE]

I can handle modded Marshall type stuff....but I hate to say it......that's almost too "brewtal" for me. Fuzzy, and well......fuzzy.:freak:

Archived