Video With Bogner XTC Classic..Playing some Vai..

Alex Flouros

• Members
Absolutely awesome as always, Alex.

Was that straight in, boosted, or what? I haven't played my Bogner in a few weeks, and I am looking to sell it, but ya know, I may play it a bit more tomorrow after watching this
:cop:

Thanks a lot mate..Much appreciated..
I remember that i didnt use any kind of "outside" boost on the Bogner while i had it..But i did use the onboard boost..
If i remember corrently its straight into the amp,3rd channel,channel boost and just a tad of dealy from a DD-3 on the fx-loop..

Its a great amp mate..I would love to have it again..So think it over again.. :)
Or sell it to me at a very low price.. :D :D (joking)

Take care man..
Alex

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Alex! Holy Carp, it's great to see you 'round here!
:o
Been WAY too long, brutha!

And bringin' the rawk with this vid ~ nice touch! Your playing always makes me smile, man -- so brilliant, yet apparently requiring NO effort on your part! Lol! Love it!
:love:

Hey bro..Yeah..As i say a lot lately its good to be around again and see all you guys in here.. I missed this place...:cry::)

Hopefully i'll post some new stuff soon as well..Havent done any covers in ages..
But i'm working a lot on my own cd the past few months so as i said hopefully soon.. :)

Take care my friend..
Alex

• Members

Sorry to thread hijack, but... so you're the guy that did that badass Far Beyond the Sun cover! What was your gear/signal chain setup for that recording? It sounds great (playing is fantastic, too, of course).

• Members
Hey Shea..Good to see you here mate..(damn..i know i say this a lot but its good to see all you guys again here..
:)
)

Myron is doing great..He released an album here in Greece more into popular Greek folk music style and he's on his way to success here..I'm very happy for him..We dont see each other that much anymore since we're both very busy,but i know he's doing well..

Take care mate..

Alex

I found Myron :)
Good pop music, I can`t understand the lyrics, though.. They`re Greek to me:cry::idea::D

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=145566767

He has a very good voice also :)

• Members

Sorry to thread hijack, but... so you're the guy that did that badass Far Beyond the Sun cover! What was your gear/signal chain setup for that recording? It sounds great (playing is fantastic, too, of course).

Hey mate..

No worries...You can ask whatever you like..

Well..The only problem is that its been so long that i dont really recall what i used on the Malmsteen song..

From what i can hear on the vid my tone is coming from my monitors as well as the backing track..If thats the case then i simply used the v-amp and jammed along..If i'd use the Diezel the amp would sound a bit off mix with the backing from the cam mic..

So nothing special i guess..Just guitar in v-amp on that one..

Cya..

Alex

• Members
Wow, you really have a gift on the guitar.What I dont understand is how when you play something like this you make it look so easy,and do it so well?Anyway you got all the little Vai nuaunces in the tone and playing,great job!

Thanks man..I appreciate it..
Well..My look while playing is always like that no matter how hard it is for me to play the specific song..This is been mentioned many times on my previous vids..
The Vai song is not that hard to play but even if it was i would still look like that..Its weird i know.. :)
Thanks for commenting..
Cya around..
Alex

• Members
I found Myron
Good pop music, I can`t understand the lyrics, though.. They`re Greek to me:cry:
:idea::D

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=145566767

He has a very good voice also

Hehe..Yeah..Thats Greek..And Myron is actually singing there.. :)
Theres not much room for solo guitarists here in Greece but folk music can be successful..Myron has what it takes to be a local star..So i'm happy for him.. :)
Cya Knut!
Alex

• Members
{censored} man, that {censored} was good.

that {censored} looked like it was off the cuff, like you weren't even trying and for that I have to give you a hearty {censored} YOU AND YOUR ENORMOUS AMOUNT OF TALENT.

Haha... I guess its one of the few times that i appreciate being cursed.. :D
Thanks mate.. ;) Take care..
Alex

• Members
I was looking for this clip a few days ago...tried searching your name - to no avail...Awesome...I like the way your playing is a little more intense at times than Vai's. Love my 101b...great, great amp.

thanks mate..
yeah..havent posted in a long time so old links dont work anymore i guess..
you can find clips and vids on this link though..its also on my sig..
http://www.musicv2.com/artist/alexflouros
enjoy the 101B.. ;)
Alex

Archived