BALTriodes

bmast160

• Members

No. I prefer to save my $3 that most places charge. I tried them a while ago, and have a couple of preamp tubes that happen to be pretty close to matched, but it doesn't change the tone in the amps I've tried it in.

• Members

No. I prefer to save my $3 that most places charge. I tried them a while ago, and have a couple of preamp tubes that happen to be pretty close to matched, but it doesn't change the tone in the amps I've tried it in.

u try it with the PI tube...heard the bal tri there makes the biggest difference

• Members

u try it with the PI tube...heard the bal tri there makes the biggest difference

I have tried it in the PI, but I can tell you that phase inverters in amps are rarely truly balanced due to variances in resistor tolerance.

• Members

I have tried it in the PI, but I can tell you that phase inverters in amps are rarely truly balanced due to variances in resistor tolerance.

gotcha. are they more for highfi listening systems then?

• Members

gotcha. are they more for highfi listening systems then?

They're a good way to sucker $3 more out of someone.

I don't know about tube hi-fi (but would LOVE a tube stereo), but for guitar, it's something that has been refuted multiple times by some really smart folks.

Archived