So when my xbox gets that red ring....

Daniel Kamerman

• Members

It means it pretty much {censored} right? Can someone give me some websites where I can go to see about sending it in to get it fixed. I'm too {censored}ing angry to look around right now. I've only had this piece of {censored} 3 {censored}in months. It worked one second, than I turned it off to plug in the ethernet cable and when I turned it back in, it was glowing red.

{censored} Microsoft.

• Members

Wow...I've had my Xbox for 2 years now and it's never had any issues. I guess I just take care of my stuff, so that must explain it.

Even if you take perfect care of them, some of them will still give you the 3 red rings. They should have made them a little bigger and spread stuff out a little more so that the air from the fan can get at all the parts more easilly.

• Members

Wow...I've had my Xbox for 2 years now and it's never had any issues. I guess I just take care of my stuff, so that must explain it.

I take care of my stuff, it say in the same spot all the time with tons of ventilation so it wouldn't overheat. It was never bumped or tampered with ever.

• Members

MS replaces it for free, im waiting for my 3rd now XD

my first Xbox was after about 3 months after launch and worked fine for abotu 2 years than died so i wouldn't hold my breath about it not RRODing.

Where did you find the info on where to ship it to so they can fix it? Also how long does it take to get it back?

Thanks

• Members

this happened to my stepsons. dont worry they fix it for free. go to xbox website and call their 800#. you get a box to pack it up along with a call tag.send it off and they replace it or give you a new one. go on youtube and look up red ring of death. thats whats it is called.

• Members

Where did you find the info on where to ship it to so they can fix it? Also how long does it take to get it back?

Thanks

Just call them give them your info as long as you had your Xbox registered you cna probally still register now. and they send you a box, follow the instructions and send it back, costs you nothing at all.

• Members

more to this story, my nephews went down rigth after my stepsons and i bought one so my stepson could use at my house, after 4 days it got the ring of death. all were replaced and it took 2 weeks. didnt pay anything. theres a big failure rate with those.

• Members

I always find it funny how there always HAS to be that "well mine didn't break..." guy in these threads lol. As if someone was asking them.

It's like someone making a thread about their car breaking down after suffering from a commonly recognised malfunction on one particular day, and everyone else who owns a similar car posts "oh....mine didnt....". Who gives a flying {censored} about yours lol. Unless you're that insecure.

:snax:

• Members
I always find it funny how there always HAS to be that "well mine didn't break..." guy in these threads lol. As if someone was asking them.

It's like someone making a thread about their car breaking down after suffering from a commonly recognised malfunction on one particular day, and everyone else who owns a similar car posts "oh....mine didnt....". Who gives a flying {censored} about yours lol. Unless you're that insecure.

Oh...well mine didn't break.:D

• Members

yep...it is annoying. The only thing more annoying is when people end a post with "just sayin'". What that means is that they should be exempt from any criticism of their post because they didn't mean anything...they were JUST SAYIN'. I hate that {censored}ing phrase more than anything. Just sayin' doesn't exonerate anyone from being a flaming asshole.

Sorry...I don't know how I touched on that tangent...I've had a bad weekend.

• Members

What's the towel trick?

my stepson found this on youtube. while we were waiting for the box and stuff from microsoft we tried wrapping the xbox in a towel. did everything like the youtube clip. it worked for about 4 hours. got to play games for awhile. we were laughing all night. give it a try.

Archived