Marshall making weird doubling sound

surfcat

• Members

On the high notes, above the 12th fret on the 2 top treble strings, I'm getting a weird ovtave down sound. It's a Jcm800. If you saw my other thread, I just did the bright cap clip, but it was doing it before that so it's not related. It's more noticable at clean settings and with all my pedals off it still does it. Any ideas? It does it more on certain notes-G and B I think, but it sounds like I've got a Boss oc-2 on or something.:confused:

• Members

It's probably not a fret issue.

It sounds to me like your filter caps are on the way out.

I've had it at a shop before for a part and the guy said it looked like they'd been replaced before. Not doubting, maybe the newer ones don't last or some cheap ones were put on. I'm having a problem with one of the tubes buzzing too, even when I switch them-it still buzzes at the same socket, so maybe I'll have to have it looked at.

• Members

hmm, try swapping your pre's, that would be the easiest and cheapest step to see if that's whats up with it, and if that's not the problem, then you've taken care of your buzzing tube problem

• Members

hmm, try swapping your pre's, that would be the easiest and cheapest step to see if that's whats up with it, and if that's not the problem, then you've taken care of your buzzing tube problem

That would be cheaper than a tech-wouldn't cure my buzzing though-that's definitely the power tubes-or at least the one that's pluggind into that certain socket. I might try swapping them out one at a time though to see.

Archived