NMD! Clips+Pics!

mparsons

• Members

Sennheiser e906

It sounds good! Very "real" sounding. It conveys the sound pretty well. I've only been experimenting with the bright setting, but I'll try the other settings tomorrow.

Here's a clip: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=442291&songID=6634191

I used the e906 for the main tone and SM57 to thicken it up a bit. The SM57 is mixed down 6db.

And here's the mic positioning I used:

P1000239.jpg

• Members

kick ass matt. sounds much more upfront and clear compared to your previous clips. seems like the sm57 is good for lower frequency punchiness while this mike gives things a good bite. finding a nice blend between would make for some great recorded tone i bet.

• Members

I like that riff from :21 - :31 a lot. I was wondering why your tone sounded so familiar, I forgot that I had owned an E530 at one point. Nice clip!

I love that Death riff also :thu: Very cool use of chords and dissonance without being annoying.

The E530 is KILLER. This rig I have right now has killed my amp gas. Now I just have cab gas.... damn ENGL!!

• Members

Used one of those mics live last week and it was indeed superb. Played with this dude last year at an outdoor festival and he puts a Blues Jr behind him tilted up then whips one of those mics out of his bag and hooks it up. I'm right next to him with 2 cabs at 130 watts per cab. He smoked me. :(

• Members

Just listened to this. The playing is a little off in the start, but it sounds pretty good. I would move one of the mics closer to the center of the cone and try to get some more presence out of the tone. It's not muddy, it just sounds a little lifeless. There's definitely good clarity though. Sounds good! :thu:

Archived