Why'd you leave the keys upon the table!?!?

thesinner66

• Members

love them.

the tone on that whole album is great, especially Aerials. When he hits those big chords in the middle of the song I almost have a heart attack.

I think I read somewhere he used 5 or 6 different amps on toxicity. From Mesa to Matchless.

The tone on Mezmerize/Hypnotize is great as well. More of a Marshall vibe to it.

• Members

I'm willing to argue about #1. Go through all the bands he's worked w/ and they all have incredibly good guitar tone. My only dislike has been Slayers "Seasons.."

And I agree w/ #2.

I hate Slayers tone. :lol:

The guitar tones on Beastie Boys first album sucked balls. Mars Volta tone on the first album wasnt anything special. BSSM had some amazing tones mixed with some not so good tones...

• Members

"everybody's going to the party have a real good ti i i ime,la la la la la la la la la la la" {censored} I hate that song.I think they're competent players but I actually get annoyed listening to them.I can't remember where, but I saw a clip of the singer doing a Dead kennedys cover of Holiday in Cambodia with the foo fighters,that was good.

• Members

I've gone back and listened to some System of a Down. Was never like...a huge fan. But I'd just end up w/ their CD's some how.

They got some mean tone though! It's not just a mesa at full blast, it sounds like there's some Marshall grind as well.

Which leads me to our next topic....Rick Rubin can get some great guitar tones when he's at the helm of "prouducer."

I'll take Rick Rubin over andy sneap more often than not.

• Members

Old SoaD is pretty cool. The newer stuff...I have no idea how anyone can listen to that dude's "singing" it has progressed to boring, whiny, uncreative droning that just follows the guitars. Absolutely horrible. I would honestly rather listen to Nickelback.

• Members

#2. The tone on Mezmerize/Hypnotize is spectacular. Anyone who tells you different has a hard time being objective because they dislike this band. It is however, phenomenal sounding.

Agreed... that tone is {censored}ing great!

Archived