Mrak 5 trademarked!11!1

v_c

• Members

Even if there are some things on that page that are un-released, why the hell would mesa boogie spend the extra money to trademark the Mark V THREE different ways? It's a reality and if petrucci playing them live and this doesnt convince you, you're an idiot.

Because they are cunts and want to hog the name.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If the mark V sounds better, I predict a sharp decline in IV price followed by a steady return to (mostly) what it was before, maybe a bit cheaper. If the V is underwhelming or has a lot of haters, like the three channel rectos, then the IV will probably return to it's regular used price, or perhaps a little higher, and the older your model is the more it will be.

At least this is what I'm hoping because I have a #300-something Mark IVa :love: vintage FTW!

• Members

The only way the Mark IV is going to drop in price is if the new Mark V is priced at the same point that a new Mark IV was priced at ($1850). That is not going to happen, as I'm sure it will be well over the $2000 price point. Mark IV used prices are not going anywhere. Mark III prices did not drop when the Mark IV came out.

• Members
If the mark V sounds better, I predict a sharp decline in IV price followed by a steady return to (mostly) what it was before, maybe a bit cheaper. If the V is underwhelming or has a lot of haters, like the three channel rectos, then the IV will probably return to it's regular used price, or perhaps a little higher, and the older your model is the more it will be.

At least this is what I'm hoping because I have a #300-something Mark IVa
:love:
vintage FTW!

In the off chance the Mark V sounds so fantastically superior that a lot of owners offload their VIs to get one...

Even still, I think there'd be plenty of market out there for people wanting to pick up a VI... enough so that supply/demand would keep the prices from dropping below what they are now. IMO.

Like the Mark III... that used to be a cheap way to get that killer Mark series tone without having to fork out for an overpriced IIC+ or the fancier IV. That is 'til everyone, their dogs, their mothers, and their mother's dogs wanted to get that tone for cheap. :freak:

• Members
In the off chance the Mark V sounds so fantastically superior that a lot of owners offload their VIs to get one...

Even still, I think there'd be plenty of market out there for people wanting to pick up a VI... enough so that supply/demand would keep the prices from dropping below what they are now. IMO.

Like the Mark III... that used to be a cheap way to get that killer Mark series tone without having to fork out for an overpriced IIC+ or the fancier IV. That is 'til everyone, their dogs, their mothers, and their mother's dogs wanted to get that tone for cheap.
:freak:

They already released a Mark VI???:freak:

Archived