My DSL's been Voodoo-ized

solarburn

• Members

Just got my DSL50 back from Voodoo Amps. I had them do the deluxe mod on it. Hope I don't have to go to the ER for a permanent boner!:lol: The description of the mod at Voodoo Amps is spot on.

One of the main things I noticed right off is I had to ease up on my finger pressure while playing. All that is needed is a light touch. I have never had an amp respond like that. Harmonics are easy to get. It sounds better at lower volume. The whole amp is more open.

Clean channel is beautiful. Each channel is just harmonically rich now. Before the mod it was stiff, less warm and a bit fizzy. No more fizz. Its frigg'n amazing boosted! Unbelievable tone and feel for a DSL.:love:

I was happy with this amp regardless of some of the short commings before the mod. It was already working for me. I heard some things and read somethings about Voodoo Amps mod on the DSL and thought if I ever have the chance to do it I would. Thats what the Stimulus Check was destined for.

I'm very pleased with the work Voodoo did. I was worried about the amp making it to me in working order while being shipped . Voodoo had that thing packed the best I have ever seen. No problems there.

I'd like to officially cheer for Voodoo Amps and say thank you berry much!:thu: They delivered what was promised and I'm pretty damn happy about it.

:rawk:

• Members
:eek:
*Heart attack*

I know, I know. You gotta remember though I used my stimulus check so its ok by me. It pretty much covered the whole thing. I'm happy.:thu:

I've thrown that kind of money away and more and have had nothing to show for it in the past. I loves me Voodoo Marshall.:love:

• Members

would you say it would be worth it if it wasn't throw away money like that?

Not knowing what it sounded like and how it felt after the mod, prolly not. Then I'd be missing this killer tone and feel. Its a hard call man cause it is alot of money. Like I said I was happy with the amp as is and I would have settled for just that.

If you ever have the extra money don't hesitate. I can honestly say I would do it again and regret nothing.

• Members

I had them Deluxe Mod a 5150 II for me...I'ts absolutely worth the money IF you like the amp in it's stock form. Trace does not re-design amps. He takes amps that people like, and turns them into amps people LOVE. just my opinion.

• Members

I had them Deluxe Mod a 5150 II for me...I'ts absolutely worth the money IF you like the amp in it's stock form. Trace does nor re-design amps. He takes amps that people like, and turns them into amps people LOVE. just my opinion.

Well put!!!

• Members

thats sweet! I wish I was getting a stimulus check.

My mom found out that since im a student im still a dependent, so I should get 300 bucks that goes to her and then she gives to me, right? WRONG. Only depends who were born after 1990 get checks.....which doesnt make sense because they are all 18 or younger.

Today sucks, haha

• Members
700 {censored}ing dollars, are you kidding me? It better suck you off after you pop that boner for that kind of {censored}ing money
:o
You literally could buy another DSL for that much.

So. Whats your point? Being obvious?!:poke: Oh and I didn't want another amp.;)

Archived