Heads up on an ENGL on the bay

Brick

• Members

there was one the other day new in box for $1199 and sit all week with no bids...

+!. I had to double check to see if this was Nice47's or something. Not a deal at all, IMO. Sorry.

Before shipping I paid less than 1400 for both my Savage and my Powerball.

• Members

+!. I had to double check to see if this was Nice47's or something. Not a deal at all, IMO. Sorry.

Before shipping I paid less than 1400 for both my Savage and my Powerball.

If your powerball was a v2 and the updated savage than that was a great deal..

• Members

there was one the other day new in box for $1199 and sit all week with no bids...

Thats a great deal if it was new.. I sold both mine for $1300 before the price increase.. I am thinking of picking up another until i can find a savage..

• Members

If your powerball was a v2 and the updated savage than that was a great deal..

They're both V1.. but are absolutely mint and came with the deluxe footswitches. They have no dust, grime, scratches... nada.

The Savage was in 2006 I think when they were 1800-1900ish w/o switch.

The Powerball was just a few months ago.

Either way, I lucked out in terms of used prices and the change in new prices. Same thing with DSL's right now. You can get them immaculate for 700 all day long. That makes sense for when they cost 1100, maybe, but that's not the case. They were 1600 when they were discontinued. You don't see dual recs selling for 700! Framus Dragon fall into the same category. Used, they are totally reasonable. New, I honestly think you have to be kinda dumb to order one. It's over 1K more. WTF?

• Members

They're both V1.. but are absolutely mint and came with the deluxe footswitches. They have no dust, grime, scratches... nada.

The Savage was in 2006 I think when they were 1800-1900ish w/o switch.

The Powerball was just a few months ago.

Either way, I lucked out in terms of used prices and the change in new prices. Same thing with DSL's right now. You can get them immaculate for 700 all day long. That makes sense for when they cost 1100, maybe, but that's not the case. They were 1600 when they were discontinued. You don't see dual recs selling for 700! Framus Dragon fall into the same category. Used, they are totally reasonable. New, I honestly think you have to be kinda dumb to order one. It's over 1K more. WTF?

Yea the framus and engl prices are out of hand now.. You lucked out on the Engls i want another savage so bad right now and they are so hard to come by used and i cant justify spending $2400 for a new one.

• Members

Yea the framus and engl prices are out of hand now..

I see you're looking for a Savage. I feel for you. HCAF member FalseRevRG heard mine as a college student and fell in love. It took him around a year to find one. I don't know if he went new or not, but either way it's a frustrating addiction. If I had heard one now... I just can't shell 2300 for a head. I'm having problems justifying a new Nitro. The prices on the Invaders, Steve Morse, and SE just make me sad. Even as an amp addict/whore I know that is just a stupid thing to lay out that kind of cash for. Come on 4k? That's a Splawn and a Mark IV... or three high end heads used.

• Members

How do you like the blackmore with the vader cab?...

I like it, but I think I don't exactly get along with the Eminence Legends. I built a 2x12 to Vader 2x12 dimensions and put WGS V30s in it and it sounds badass, and if I just had to use one speaker, I think it'd be the V30. The Legends are a bit too bassy and there isn't enough mid punch or responsiveness and agression, for my taste anyway.

It's those qualities that I like about the V30, but they can get a bit honky and harsh by themselves, and running the two cabs together sounds better than either alone. Hence why I'm buying two more V30s, to do an X-pattern in the Vader.

Archived