Aggressive Framus Cobra Riffing-New Vid

Chrisjd

• Members

why you like the cobra over the dragon? after i sell my boogie i was lookin into framus.

They are pretty close. I like how the cobra is awesome without a boost. Don't get me wrong, the dragon is too, I just like that super aggressive biting tone and I like to have the option of getting it without a boost. the dragon needs that boost to get the same edge.

• Members

They are pretty close. I like how the cobra is awesome without a boost. Don't get me wrong, the dragon is too, I just like that super aggressive biting tone and I like to have the option of getting it without a boost. the dragon needs that boost to get the same edge.

Dragon sounding best with matching v30 cab?

• Members

Sounds great Chris.. Makes me want to go play my cobra but it's been at the rehearsal Space for a while..:cry:
Gonna take it home this week and A/B it with Dime's Meteoro.:evil:

I agree with the sentiment that the Framus Cobra is the meanest amp on the planet. I can't think of any other amp that could take its title.
I also can't think of too many amps that have a more crystaline clean channel.

• Members
I also can't think of too many amps that have a more crystaline clean channel.

:thu:

i tried to break up the clean channel by cranking the channel's gain knob, cranking the power amp master volume (yeah, EL34's on 10!), using a cranked wylde overdrive before the input and a bare knuckle miracle man in the bridge of my les paul
and the damn thing still sounded CLEAN
i was trying to get some subtle plexi crunch or the pushed clean mode of the rectos, but it's impossible
that thing has the purest clean i've played

• Members

For live leads I sometimes switch over to the lead channel. I use a lot of mids and presence, back off the treble a bit.

That's what I meant by the lead. The lead channel. I usually use the lead channel, but lately I've been wanting something a bit different sounding, so I'm going to work with the crunch a bit.

• Members

so i'm not the only one who only likes the lead channel boosted, for riffing that is?

No

No sir,you certainly are not.I boost my 3rd channel.I also run the channel volume at 3oclock and the gain at about 2oclock with active EMG's.It kills anything,anywhere.

Archived