Aggressive Framus Cobra Riffing-New Vid

Chrisjd

• Members

I decided to make another video of some mean riffing. I didn't play any lead in the video, as I am somewhat self conscious about my lead skills compared to SOME of you guys on this forum.

Anyways, here it is. I can point out a couple mistakes, which goes to show this amp really reflects your true talent.

Crunch Chanel, unboosted, straig in with mahogony ltd and a duncan distortion, drop c. I really think this is the meanest amp on the planet.

[YOUTUBE]98sFyEwq0IM[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

:)
I love the Cobra man
ESPECIALLY with matching cab.

+1, sounds really mean in the video and i can imagine pretty good what it sounds like in person ;)

you mind sharing your settings and what were the volume pots at for the recording?

• Members

+1, sounds really mean in the video and i can imagine pretty good what it sounds like in person
;)
you mind sharing your settings and what were the volume pots at for the recording?

Yeah, crunch channel. Channel volume at 3:00,

Presence:9:30

gain:3:00

Low:9:00

Mid:3:00

treble:1:00

Depth:11:00

Master:9:00

FX:noon

• Members

sounds great chris...makes a part of me regret selling mine. How r u making out with teh ktre?

The tre is pretty cool, still figuring it out. I am just so in love with the Cobra, its hard to beat.

• Members

Very close to my Cobra settings.............. The Cobra is still so far my all time favorite high gainer. The songs on my bands myspace page were recorded with the Cobra. I will be recording new songs during the next couple months, I will post clips for anyone who cares.

• Members

Yeah, crunch channel. Channel volume at 3:00,

Presence:9:30

gain:3:00

Low:9:00

Mid:3:00

treble:1:00

Depth:11:00

Master:9:00

FX:noon

Thanks, those are really close to mine except i dime the chanvol and keep the mids at around 1.30

• Members

so i'm not the only one who only likes the lead channel boosted, for riffing that is?

It's like the best sounding boosted Recto in history but, none of the fuzz/fizz. Gotta setup the Channel volume more around 12:00....and dial in way less mids than most do on the crunch channel.

• Members

It's like the best sounding boosted Recto in history but, none of the fuzz/fizz. Gotta setup the Channel volume more around 12:00....and dial in way less mids than most do on the crunch channel.

Right. I had the 1994 2 channel dual rec, and while it sounded nice, the cobra just ate it alive in every aspect.

• Members

Right. I had the 1994 2 channel dual rec, and while it sounded nice, the cobra just ate it alive in every aspect.

I have an old 2CH Triple Recto right now...in the room I am sure I would much prefer a Cobra but, I really like how the Recto tracks on a recording.....also, I've been playing more "rock"/"hard rock" nowadays then metal. So, right now my Recto is a really good fit for me.....I have to find a good home for this Meteoro, ChrisJD I think you'd {censored} your pants over it....it's similar to the crunch on the Cobra just more organic and warmer....it has the HUGE bottom end though :) I'm sure we could work something out ;) I assure you 100% you'd blow your load over it though...(just judging by your video/clips)

• Members

I have an old 2CH Triple Recto right now...in the room I am sure I would much prefer a Cobra but, I really like how the Recto tracks on a recording.....also, I've been playing more "rock"/"hard rock" nowadays then metal. So, right now my Recto is a really good fit for me.....I have to find a good home for this Meteoro, ChrisJD I think you'd {censored} your pants over it....it's similar to the crunch on the Cobra just more organic and warmer....it has the HUGE bottom end though
I'm sure we could work something out
;)
I assure you 100% you'd blow your load over it though...(just judging by your video/clips)

Yeah, I just dont really have anything to trade right now.

Archived