amp question???????

Emerica167852

• Members

i was wonderin if you could take the + and - ends of the cables that go to a speaker in a combo amp and then wire them to a 1/4 inch jack and make a head out of it and if so wich part of the 1/4 inch jack should be solderd to wich wire... thanks

• Members

i was wonderin if you could take the + and - ends of the cables that go to a speaker in a combo amp and then wire them to a 1/4 inch jack and make a head out of it and if so wich part of the 1/4 inch jack should be solderd to wich wire... thanks

Yes you can, and it shouldn't matter which one goes where, as long as they are both connected you'll have a complete circuit. The only time you need to worry about which one goes where is if you are wiring speakers together in a cab, in which case running the speakers "out of phase" will affect the tone coming out of the cab. In your situation, you don't need to be concerned with it.

Make sure that you know what type of load (how many ohms) the combo is used to pushing and make sure that you use a cab with the appropriate load.

• Members

Yes you can, and it shouldn't matter which one goes where, as long as they are both connected you'll have a complete circuit. The only time you need to worry about which one goes where is if you are wiring speakers together in a cab, in which case running the speakers "out of phase" will affect the tone coming out of the cab. In your situation, you don't need to be concerned with it.

Make sure that you know what type of load (how many ohms) the combo is used to pushing and make sure that you use a cab with the appropriate load.

ohh thanks alot

• Members

You sure can. I turned a 40 watt XXX combo in to this:

lilxxx.jpg

I located a spot on the back side where there was room, and nothing I had to worry about making contact inside, and mounted the jack for the combo's speaker leads. (In the Peavey logo.)

100_0910.jpg

Since it also had another parallel speaker out, I made sure to connect the + and - to the proper terminals, (tip and sleeve, respectively) in case I ever need to run two 4x12's with it. :cool:

• Members

Umm, ya, of course you can.:facepalm::facepalm:

Archived