Obama on Foreign Policy

JBecker

• Members

omg this is pricelss.

So you it was ok for the rape rooms millons of people taht died genocide, oil for food scandals and the 12 YEARS of un sanctions they violated.

youre a class act

Were you alive in 2002?

I seem to remember there being a call to arms against an imminent threat against the United States, years after oil for food, years after genocide and rape went on while the US claimed Iraq as an ally against Iran and the USSR, and of course, those violated sanctions upon which the UN had made significant headway since the bombings of Baghdad under the Clinton administration.

All you have done in this thread is thrown empty, contrarian rhetoric not supported by reality.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Were you alive in 2002?

I seem to remember there being a call to arms against an imminent threat against the United States, years after oil for food, years after genocide and rape went on while the US claimed Iraq as an ally against Iran and the USSR, and of course, those violated sanctions upon which the UN had made significant headway since the bombings of Baghdad under the Clinton administration.

All you have done in this thread is thrown empty, contrarian rhetoric not supported by reality.

Not worth it. He's one of two things...either a troll, or an idiot. Or both.

• Members

Were you alive in 2002?

Just be careful. Some of your big words might confuse him and send him into another misspelled, run-on sentence that provides nothing to the conversation.

• Members

It is easy to see what side this thread has taken.

All of you belong in the HCPF.

We've had way too many good discussions for you to throw out the liberal circle-jerk call on me because we have one guy in here who is clearly uninformed and not ready to throw down with the big fellas.

Believe it or not the Political Party has a lower mean IQ than even HCAF.

• Members

You know, the way we have to approach, I think, this problem of Islamic extremism ... is we have to hunt down those who would resort to violence to move their agenda, their ideology forward. We should be going after al Qaeda and those networks fiercely and effectively.

But what we also want to do is to shrink the pool of potential recruits. And that involves engaging the Islamic world rather than vilifying it, and making sure that we understand that not only are those in Islam who would resort to violence a tiny fraction of the Islamic world, but that also, the Islamic world itself is diverse.

And that lumping together Shia extremists with Sunni extremists, assuming that Persian culture is the same as Arab culture, that those kinds of errors in lumping Islam together result in us not only being less effective in hunting down and isolating terrorists, but also in alienating what need to be our long-term allies on a whole host of issues.

is such a terrible idea?

• Members
If you say so. I personally think the looney bin is the HCPF. :poke:

I agree, but you said you "It is easy to see what side this thread has taken".

I've seen good points made by everyone except for cylon. You didn't even post anything relevant to the discussion, and you still came off 100 times more intelligent. :lol:

• Members

Ah its good to see the regular limp wrist ed obama lovers going after anyone who doesn't think like them.
From reading this thread from the first post to last, NEITHER side has said anything, INCLUDING Obama himself on how he is going to do anything.
I'm impressed that he has been able to sway so many who aren't aware of real world politics but the rest of us, who have actually seen some of the countries that are brought up don't think Obama is the answer.

Funny thing is, he has repeatedly said he wants to go into Afghanistan in force, rather than Iraq, but I have a bet none of you liberals are signing up huh?
If Obama knew anything he would know that Afghanistan is going to make Iraq look like nothing, we don't WANT to get bogged down there, that's why we fought with the small teams like we did.

But I guess discussing reality to Obamamama's or military actions is a waste.
Go ahead and keep going after grammar and calling names, forgetting the fact that the man you are all so willing to bend over for, doesn't have the time in political service that some of you have on HCAF...

I dont like McCain much either, I think both of them are the bottom of the barrel.

• Members

lol

As far one single decision I admire - geez I don't know - not supporting the Iraq war for one.

edit:

Also, we kill women and children on the time, chump.

Damn dude.

You say this while our boys are getting blown to shreds trying to NOT kill innocent people? I know we don't agree on much and that is okay. But you know how to win a war?

You don't let CITIZENS ...like you and me...dictate how a war is fought. You go obliterate your enemy and let God sort them out.

I know I know....bleeding heart liberals are having a conniption fit right now.

I also know you are SICK and TIRED of having WWII thrown in your face...but by God...how did we beat our enemy? The CITIZENS of Germany and Japan were not our enemies...and we blew them to kingdom come. Did we stop the bull{censored}? Yer damn right we did...and we SAVED a lot of lives in the process.

So in MVH and asinine opinion...it's what we need to do now. For our sakes, and the people in the Middle East who have suffered bomb blast after bomb blast.

We need to stop the bull{censored} right now. Maybe 1900 Britannia couldn't do it...but WE...NOW... CAN DO IT.

I know..I am a war mongerer. Just say it. That's all I want forever and ever is war.

If I were truly that...I would want us out of the Middle East right now. We all know that by leaving the Middle East, it will return to the peaceful villa it was before we got there.

• Members
Really? How has what Bush has done failed to protect us here in America and for that matter our Western allies? Have we been attacked again? Are we being hit on normal intervals like we were during the Clinton administration? The fact that they {censored}ed up the beggining of the Iraq occupancy bears nothing on the fact that right now the strategy being employed in Iraq is working and the overall war on terror and the machinery he put in place (Homeland security, intelligence gathering etc...etc..) is working.....based on the results.

:facepalm:

• Members

Mike -

You may not agree with Obama, but can you tell me that this:

is such a terrible idea?

It is Paul, but thanks for addressing me.

I have no problem with what he wants to try to do; if he gets elected. All I know is that these people cannot be reasoned with. So talking to them will not work. You can throw money at them or a mortgage or whatever you think will bring them back down to Earth, but it is not going to work.

Obama thinks we can talk to them.

I do not.

While I dislike McCain a lot, he at least doesn't think that discourse is the only viable solution.

• Members

is such a terrible idea?

You ever spend anytime in the middle east?

Or are you taking ole Obama's word on this working?

Do you think he is going to win hearts and minds over a religion?

That's laughable at best. Just the idea that someone says this idiocy is one thing, but to have people eat it up, then BRAG on the net that this makes them proud to vote for someone is pure retardation.

No one is saying his ideas aren't worth listening, but that's what they are, ideas without the knowledge to back them up.

• Members

Damn dude.

You say this while our boys are getting blown to shreds trying to NOT kill innocent people? I know we don't agree on much and that is okay. But you know how to win a war?

You don't let CITIZENS ...like you and me...dictate how a war is fought. You go obliterate your enemy and let God sort them out.

I know I know....bleeding heart liberals are having a conniption fit right now.

I also know you are SICK and TIRED of having WWII thrown in your face...but by God...how did we beat our enemy? The CITIZENS of Germany and Japan were not our enemies...and we blew them to kingdom come. Did we stop the bull{censored}? Yer damn right we did...and we SAVED a lot of lives in the process.

So in MVH and asinine opinion...it's what we need to do now. For our sakes, and the people in the Middle East who have suffered bomb blast after bomb blast.

We need to stop the bull{censored} right now. Maybe 1900 Britannia couldn't do it...but WE...NOW... CAN DO IT.

I know..I am a war mongerer. Just say it. That's all I want forever and ever is war.

If I were truly that...I would want us out of the Middle East right now. We all know that by leaving the Middle East, it will return to the peaceful villa it was before we got there.

Steve - you know as well as I do that this isn't WWII. We're not fighting an army that wants to engage in the open. We're fighting cells and sects - you can't simply shoot first and ask questions later, because the enemy isn't wearing a uniform and announcing their presence.

• Members
Ah its good to see the regular limp wrist ed obama lovers going after anyone who doesn't think like them.

From reading this thread from the first post to last, NEITHER side has said anything, INCLUDING Obama himself on how he is going to do anything.

I'm impressed that he has been able to sway so many who aren't aware of real world politics but the rest of us, who have actually seen some of the countries that are brought up don't think Obama is the answer.

Funny thing is, he has repeatedly said he wants to go into Afghanistan in force, rather than Iraq, but I have a bet none of you liberals are signing up huh?

If Obama knew anything he would know that Afghanistan is going to make Iraq look like nothing, we don't WANT to get bogged down there, that's why we fought with the small teams like we did.

Go ahead and keep going after grammar and calling names, forgetting the fact that the man you are all so willing to bend over for, doesn't have the time in political service that some of you have on HCAF...

I dont like McCain much either, I think both of them are the bottom of the barrel.

:lol:

When your argument starts with an insult...it's because you don't have any good arguments for the other party. We're limp wristed because we don't want a 72 year old GWB in office. :facepalm:

• Members
I agree, but you said you "It is easy to see what side this thread has taken".

I've seen good points made by everyone except for cylon. You didn't even post anything relevant to the discussion, and you still came off 100 times more intelligent.

Be careful now! I am an irrational Christian conservative who thinks that alcohol is not an illicit drug.

Are you sure I am 100 times more intelligent?

Threads like these are just a simple tug of war. Much more fun to watch rather than participate in.

• Members

Nowhere did I even mention what I think about what Obama said, just countered what someone who is clearly uninformed said with information.

I will mention that I don't think you've really said any more than anyone else in this thread, so it's kind of funny that you're calling us all windbags.

• Members

It is Paul, but thanks for addressing me.

I have no problem with what he wants to try to do; if he gets elected. All I know is that these people cannot be reasoned with. So talking to them will not work. You can throw money at them or a mortgage or whatever you think will bring them back down to Earth, but it is not going to work.

Obama thinks we can talk to them.

I do not.

While I dislike McCain a lot, he at least doesn't think that discourse is the only viable solution.

Exactly.

But I take it you HAVE read a history book before, Islam does not sway easily.

I'm sure though that they will throw away all their religious doctrine and fanaticism when Obama smiles and says "hope and change":rolleyes:

• Members

Damn dude.

I can see where you're going and far be it from me to be an armchair military strategist but I was just illustrating the absurdity of cyclon's notion that all of Islam is full of murderers that kill 'woman and children' like we've been so innocent ourselves.

• Members

You ever spend anytime in the middle east?

Or are you taking ole Obama's word on this working?

Do you think he is going to win hearts and minds over a religion?

That's laughable at best. Just the idea that someone says this idiocy is one thing, but to have people eat it up, then BRAG on the net that this makes them proud to vote for someone is pure retardation.

No one is saying his ideas aren't worth listening, but that's what they are, ideas without the knowledge to back them up.

I have spent time in the Middle East. My family lives less than 20miles from the border of the West Bank between Arab villages in Nazareth and Tabour and have since 1919.

They say it's worth talking to them. I've interacted with Palestinians and Arabs directly who suggest that their Persian friends should be talked to. I've got a great friend at Brown who's from Tehran. I've had tremendous conversations with her.

Obama has repeatedly said that he does not give up his right to go in and defend America's interest but that removing diplomacy from the table is simply bad foreign policy and a recipe for disaster. I think the last 8 years have been a great example of that.

• Members
Be careful now! I am an irrational Christian conservative who thinks that alcohol is not an illicit drug.

Are you sure I am 100 times more intelligent?

Threads like these are just a simple tug of war. Much more fun to watch rather than participate in.

I'm temped to switch sides in every thread. Rip on Obama and boast about McCain in one, and then rip on McCain and boast about Obama in another. :lol:

• Members
Obama has repeatedly said that he does not give up his right to go in and defend America's interest but that removing diplomacy from the table is simply bad foreign policy and a recipe for disaster. I think the last 8 years have been a great example of that.

:thu:

Archived