I saw Shinedown tonight...

Rayneman

• Members

with Theory of a Deadman opening.

I saw them at the HOB in Cleveland, and I think the sound there is really good...its not so terribly loud, and you can most often hear everything without that "wash" of sound that sometimes accompanies live shows. Beers are too expensive but what else is new?

However (and it was not only me who noticed this) I have to wonder how "live" some of these shows really are. Both bands had obvious keyboards and more "orchestral" sounds going on, and most noticably, huge vocal choruses at times when there was there at the most, one other guy singing.

There were no times where the bands played extended solos, or where the frontman talked during a song...it just seemed so fake at times. In other words, I didn't notice any improv, except between songs.

Both "big" bands sounded great, as well as the first one ("Black Stone Cherry" I think) but alot of it sounded too good to be true.

"Theory of a Deadman" were using new Mesas I believe but I am not sure about Shinedown. I think I saw a Splawn, but they were racked in such a way where it wasn't easy to see.

So, are these bands that good, or do they have some "help" onstage?

• Members

did you actually pay money to be punished in this way?

it's not that these bands are "good"...it's that their "music" is so retardedly easy to play that they can do it to a backing track:cop:

FWIW, there are processors out there that will do vocal harmonies. you also have to keep in mind that when people go to see a big radio rock band, they want to hear exactly what they hear on the radio, not talented musicians being spontaneous and creative.

• Members

I like all three bands. And BTW, just because a bands music is easy to play, doesn't make them instasuck, there are plenty of overcomplicated superfast whathaveyou types of music that just don't come across to the audiences like it would some of you downers.

Archived