So I recently bought this Planet Waves cleaner stuff

Faust2016

• Members

Just a small booster pack.. This one:

419130.jpg

And now it says on the back all this blablabla to keep you finish great looking/clean/and what not.. But it doesn't say I can use it on the fretboard, but I assume that that's what it's used for as well?

• Members

Why would you think that something designed to keep your finish clean and fresh is good for your fretboard? This is like looking at a wax treatment for your car and saying it must be for the glass, too.

Because it says: Safe for all common finishes. Since some guitars are natural finished I thought I might be able to use it for the fretboard as well.. Is that such a weird thought :confused:

• Members

save ur money on that crap... buy sum 3m swirl mark remover and a sum imperial glaze and ull get rid of all your pick marks/swirlmarks small scratches etc. and have good solid protection for the future. and no dont use it on ur fretboard chances are itll gunk up ur frets, if not throw off the ph on the wood thats not clearcoated... pretty much just dont do it, its made for body not the fretboard, just go get sum dunlop lemon oil and do it every other string change:lol:

• Members

Educate me
:idea:

Fretboards are generally unfinished, bare wood, save for a light conditioning coat or what have you. Thus, it is prone to drying because it isn't sealed, so you want to use things like lemon oil and the like to moisturize, clean, and condition it.

A 'natural' finished guitar body still has some sort of finish on it, which acts as a barrier between the chemicals in that kit and the actual wood.

Archived