NCD/NTVD!!!!(new console/tv day!) [This one's for you extasy guy] sweet deal

kinggeoff

• Members

So I sold the Fireball and marshall cab...cutting down to a 1 rig setup. Futureshop had some sick deals going on with LCD tv and home theatre bundles. I have a home theatre already but needed a decent tv. Saw some Sharp Aquos 42" deals for 1500 with a $400 yamaha home theatre (was asssssssss).

So I talk the sales guy into throwing in a PS3 40gb model instead. He says he cant do it because yamaha gives them a deal on the stereo so it only costs them 350, and he can't mess with that.

So we (my buddy and I) tell the guy he just lost his sale and went to over to another sales guy. We lay down what we want to do, and he says he can do the full purchase, then refund the 350 for the stereo and cut that from the ps3.

So the ps3, originally 399, was cut down to about 49.99 :eek: SICK DEAL how could I not do it?

So now I have a 42" lcd and PS3 (for $50!!!) instead of the amp and cab i didnt really use all that much compared to the VHT rig.

So to extasy guy, you win bra, the ps3 is one slick machine and i finally broke down. There ARE definitely some things that the ps3 can swing that the 360 just doesnt seem to be able to pull off..yet. Who knows what will happen in the next couple of months, but in the meantime

see you on MGS and warhawk

PSN: kinggeoffmo

XBL: kinggeoffmo

anyone wanna play, add me up

peace guys

• Members

padthrashingmad on xbl

i just cashed in my rewards on my credit card and got an 80gb ps3, and metal gear solid 4 for $118.00 no shipping and no tax.

:)

I have a 65" dlp 1080p and jbl surround with monster cables and a yamaha head unit. my house sounds and looks better than the local movie theater...

the key to awesome sound is the optical inputs though...

• Members

padthrashingmad on xbl

i just cashed in my rewards on my credit card and got an 80gb ps3, and metal gear solid 4 for $118.00 no shipping and no tax.

I have a 65" dlp 1080p and jbl surround with monster cables and a yamaha head unit. my house sounds and looks better than the local movie theater...

the key to awesome sound is the optical inputs though...

hellz yea nice deal dude

whats your psn?

• Members

MEGATON!!!

PSN: Asesino77

MGO: MetalLogic_v.77

Warhawk is off the chains man. See you there!!

Try Super Stardust HD, Gran Turismo 5 Prologue and Uncharted.

Plus they just added Ninja Gaiden Sigma to the Greatest Hits ($29.99)

• Members

MEGATON!!!

PSN: Asesino77

MGO: MetalLogic_v.77

Warhawk is off the chains man. See you there!!

Try Super Stardust HD, Gran Turismo 5 Prologue and Uncharted.

Plus they just added Ninja Gaiden Sigma to the Greatest Hits ($29.99)

hahah megaton is right :) im just glad i found a good deal hehe

it is siiiiiick. i'm really likin it so far! {censored}ty part is that its only a 40gb so it didnt come with dual shock (only sixaxis) and doesnt play ps2 games :( but i can always jus buy a cheap ps2 for that i suppose

gonna hit blockbuster and see which games i should nab next. really looking into stardust, i love those kind of games. uncharted is a must hehe

• Members

I just broke down and got a 50 inch plasma and a Blu-Ray player. Holy {censored}, it's like rediscovering TV all over again.

5th Element on Bu-Ray ftmfw.

In the store they show the difference between 480P and 1080P, of course it's huge, but I would like to see 720P vs. 1080P to really see the difference.

• Members

definitely! I've been hitting some gears with 666dave666 (i forget what he changed his moniker to tho) and found out that he absolutely DECIMATES in that game...i on the other hand, still suck badly

hahahahhahahahahah wtf but hahaqha

Yeah, he added me the other day and wanted to play some gears, but by the time I got around to it, he had already gotten in a game.

• Members

hell yes. easily one of luc besson's best

hahah megaton is right
im just glad i found a good deal hehe

it is siiiiiick. i'm really likin it so far! {censored}ty part is that its only a 40gb so it didnt come with dual shock (only sixaxis) and doesnt play ps2 games
:(
but i can always jus buy a cheap ps2 for that i suppose

gonna hit blockbuster and see which games i should nab next. really looking into stardust, i love those kind of games. uncharted is a must hehe

Definitely get a DS3 at some point. The rumble is on another level and its worth the kinda high pricetag.

You can use any Bluetooth headset if you dont have one already or you can use the PS Eye.

Definitely download some themes. Theyll make your setup even slicker and they are free. http://www.ps3-themes.com/

No Country for Old Men on Blu Ray FTMFW.

• Members

Definitely get a DS3 at some point. The rumble is on another level and its worth the kinda high pricetag.

You can use any Bluetooth headset if you dont have one already or you can use the PS Eye.

Definitely download some themes. Theyll make your setup even slicker and they are free.

No Country for Old Men on Blu Ray FTMFW.

hahah yeah im all over the themes, first thing i did. I love it.

does the pseye have a mic? I have the 360 vision cam, can I use it as a usb cam on the ps3? (it has no mic tho...so if the eye has a mic that works even when the stereo volume is up, then that's probably where I'll head)

• Members

hahah yeah im all over the themes, first thing i did. I love it.

does the pseye have a mic? I have the 360 vision cam, can I use it as a usb cam on the ps3? (it has no mic tho...so if the eye has a mic that works even when the stereo volume is up, then that's probably where I'll head)

The PSEye has a special mic that only picks up your voice even when theres alot of background noise. I personlally only use it for video chat and use a BT headset for gaming but lots of people use the PSEye for gaming with good results.

There are also some cool apps for the PSEye like the one where youre shooting lasers from your hands n' {censored}.

• Members

big difference. badass

There is definitely a noticeable difference between 720p (1280x720) and 1080p (1920x1080)

It becomes much more apparent as screen size increases. If you're gaming/watching on a 30" or less...honestly 1080p won't seeeeeeem like such a big deal. But as soon as you get up near 40+ ....it's damn nice.

Many tv's now are amazing at upscaling, and run in a native 1080p resolution, and scale everything up to that or 1080i anyway.

True 1080p source obviously will look the best. But a 1080i or 720p source sure isn't bad at all

Archived