After owning my Rivera Tre Reverb for a month.....

Chrisjd

• Members

My K-Tre seems to have a low mid voicing and very dark (to my ears). I sure would like to have a little more bite in the upper midrange.

Does the KHR have different mids than the Tre?

The KR7 is voiced higher in the mids yes.

I asked rich at rivera to explan the differences. He said the Tre has a more brutal distortion, and is a meaner, darker sounding amp than the KR7.

• Members

I sold all my amps and rely soleley on this. I play heavier blues and rock. It nails it. The cleans remind me of an old showman I used to hear but way better. It takes pedals great, and the hot side of the amp will knock you over if you want it to. I still lug the xd around in case of an emergency tho.

• Members

i was comparing the tre and KR7.

wow, interesting Chris, so the Mick Thompson sig isn't as brutal as the Tre? I really need to try one of these things some time. I know a guy that has the KR7, and he loves it. I assumed it was a hotrodded version of the Tre, didn't realize the Tre was heavier.

• Members

wow, interesting Chris, so the Mick Thompson sig isn't as brutal as the Tre? I really need to try one of these things some time. I know a guy that has the KR7, and he loves it. I assumed it was a hotrodded version of the Tre, didn't realize the Tre was heavier.

Yeah, ironically Mick had them tame the amp for this playing. It is still easily heavy enough those to play the brutalist, heavier form of metal, but the KR7 has a bit more clarity and cut to it.

A ton of the new Slipknot album was done on a KR7 and, as much as the music is god awful, the tone on that album is one of the best metal tones I've heard to date.

The KR7 was also used to get a decent amount of the tone on the newest Tool album.

• Members

I have a tough time getting mid-gain tones out of the Tre. My only beef. There's no middle ground on the hot channel. It's balls to the wall. I wanna say the gain is on like 2.5-3. I wanna give a KHR a try.

I can't imagine the KR7 being worth the extra $700. But I do feel the KHR and Tre give tremendous bang for the buck.

• Members

I disagree you can get just about anything you want out of this thing. I have plenty enough dirt in front of the amp to emulate any sound you need. I only set the dirty side at 2 and add to it if need be. This is one of the mose versatile amps out there. As far as mids go pull the pot on the mids for a black face sound. But you will need to turn the clean gain up a little.

• Members

Yeah, ironically Mick had them tame the amp for this playing. It is still easily heavy enough those to play the brutalist, heavier form of metal, but the KR7 has a bit more clarity and cut to it.

A ton of the new Slipknot album was done on a KR7 and, as much as the music is god awful, the tone on that album is one of the best metal tones I've heard to date.

The KR7 was also used to get a decent amount of the tone on the newest Tool album.

very interesting, thanks for the info. I saw one on eBay for 1800 a couple months ago, should have jumped on it. I really dig the growl these things have.

• Members

Ive had my ktre for a while now and I still love the amp to death. I had a cobra before, then an engl preamp, then a laney I only miss the framus but the ktre is equally as good is not better for me. The amp by itself is a bit muddy, but with a boost that takes some low end away from the input, it just starts to sound amazing. I've tried more expensive boosts like keeleys and maxons but for some wierd reason my cheap yjm308 sounds the best with it, it takes alot of low end out but the amp has tons of it so it doesn't really take away too much in the end. But the pedal seemed to really tighten up and make things way more aggressive sounding with this amp, I put emgs in one of my guitars the other day and with the emg-yjm308-ispdecimator-amp combination it sounds pretty awesome. I'll try to post a clip soon

Archived