After owning my Rivera Tre Reverb for a month.....

Chrisjd

• Members

I wasn't so sure about this amp when I got it.

I can now say that when dialed in correctly, boosted, eq'd and through vintage 30s, this head slays. Its not as tight as my cobra, but it sounds really chewy and blooming.

It sounds COMPLETELY different than my Cobra, or any other amp I have owned or own. Its a dark amp, with tons of midrange "AWWWWWWW" when you strike a chord. Its pretty 3-d sounding when you add some of the foundation control in.

The coolest thing, is that you can get it to sound FANTASTIC at low volumes by using the 2 volume controls on the back of the amp for the FX loop. It acts like a hotplate almost.

Great {censored}ing amp!

DSCF0475.jpg

• Members

I still love the 5150 for its own thing, but the Tre rocks.

How do you like the Tre compared to your old Uber?

god i {censored}ing hater the Uber...muddy mess of fizz to my ears. Ive been playing my shiva and my new ac30 a lot lately i hardly ever play teh brootz now but when i do i just {censored}ing cream everytime i plug into the Ktre...it has such a metal mojo to it and it just inspires me to write. what boost r u using?

• Members

god i {censored}ing hater the Uber...muddy mess of fizz to my ears. Ive been playing my shiva and my new ac30 a lot lately i hardly ever play teh brootz now but when i do i just {censored}ing cream everytime i plug into the Ktre...it has such a metal mojo to it and it just inspires me to write. what boost r u using?

Awesome. Maxon od-808.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I wasn't so sure about this amp when I got it.

I can now say that when dialed in correctly, boosted, eq'd and through vintage 30s, this head slays. Its not as tight as my cobra, but it sounds really chewy and blooming.

It sounds COMPLETELY different than my Cobra, or any other amp I have owned or own. Its a dark amp, with tons of midrange "AWWWWWWW" when you strike a chord. Its pretty 3-d sounding when you add some of the foundation control in.

The coolest thing, is that you can get it to sound FANTASTIC at low volumes by using the 2 volume controls on the back of the amp for the FX loop. It acts like a hotplate almost.

Great {censored}ing amp!

DSCF0475.jpg

That's not attenuation, you're simply adding more gain and compression from fx loop driver. :idea:

Shouldn't be much different than simply running the gain a little higher, and the volume a little lower, and it doesn't affect the eq section.

Archived