What amp/s did Adam Jones use on Undertow?

petejt

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

aNYONE?

Everybody always talks about his amp set up, and he uses a JB...
:blah:

What about speakers? Pretty important aspect aspect of somebodys individual tone...

his mesa cabs are most likely going to have vintage 30s. as far as the marshall goes, who knows. greenback, v30, gh30, gt75 etc....

• Members

The cab for his Superbass has G12H30s. His Mesa cabs have V30s. There's an Uberschall on 10,000 Days as well. And I've never heard of him using a TS9.

IIRC, his Superbass is slightly modded- the channels are permanantly jumpered internally- but that's it. His Superbass tone is just an old Marshall turned all the way up.

• Members

Anyone know what speakers he uses?

undertow to the present he's been using both that old marshall cab and a mesa oversized recto cab.

I don't know the speakers in the marshall, probably 75s would be my guess. The mesa recto cab is stock with black shadows

• Members

he's a BIG tube screamer fan

undertow to the present he's been using both that old marshall cab and a mesa oversized recto cab.

I don't know the speakers in the marshall, probably 75s would be my guess. The mesa recto cab is stock with black shadows

Everything youve said has been false/contrary to what Ive heard. Id like to know what your sources are.

• Members

Everything youve said has been false/contrary to what Ive heard. Id like to know what your sources are.

ha ha, really? I'd be interested to hear where you are getting your info from.

but that band gets off on LIEING in interviews, so it's more likely than not, there is a ton of misinformation floating around

Keep in mind this is all his live rig stuff. I the most recent interview i've read was the one in GW just before 1000 days came out. He talked about his live rig there a bit. I really couldn't tell you where the rest of my info comes from. It's way to far back to remember.

but from way back i've heard the lp silverburst w/ a JB -> ts9 -> superbass thing.

if his superbass is modded?, I don't know

He's had the marshall cab forever, and like I said, IDK what speakers he's using. He bought the recto cab, which is stock with black shadows (which are mesas special v30s) when he was using a recto in his live rig around the undertow/aenima years. He's been using it with the VH4 and VH4S ever since he got them.

• Members

I dont know if Adam uses a Tubescreamer or not. His Superbass is a '78 (IIRC), mine is a '77, and with a LP with a JB in the bridge straight in will nail the Opiate tone as well as the live tones from that same era. With my OD808 its a little to compressed and tight sounding for that tone. YMMV.

• Members

ha ha, really? I'd be interested to hear where you are getting your info from.

but that band gets off on LIEING in interviews, so it's more likely than not, there is a ton of misinformation floating around

I've heard a LOT of stuff from a LOT of sources and I logged the ones that seemed the most credible to me, plus what it sounds like. His sound doesnt sound like tubescreamers, black shadows and definitely not G12t75's, all of which I have a good amount of experience with. And if the caveat of your data is that the band is known for spreading misinformation, then that leaves your information as suspect as anyones.

• Members

Guitar World interview said it was the Windsor, and, yes, a Rivera. He really bragged up the Windsor as a matter of fact:eek:

the GW interview said he used a Peavey which Adam and Joe Barresi referred to as the "mississippi Marshall" but never said which model. although, i don't believe there even was a Peavey Windsor when the album was recorded in late '05.

Archived