Cigars

Sandman31774

• Members

Where do you Merkins get your Cuban cigars? I thought they were illegal down there?

Me, I like Romeo and Juliet #1s. In fact I had one yesterday while we were golfing.

I also like R&J Churchills and the equivalent sized Cohiba (can't remember the name of it right at the moment). But those are special occasion cigars. Quite pricey. Around $40 for the Cohiba big boy.

• Members

It's been years since I smoked but when i did I liked:

Davidoff, Gloria Cubano, Macanudos, Avo, Partagas.

A couple of things I remembered:

1. The Cuban cigars do taste better. It's not hype. I've heard theories like they use real manure as fertilizer instead of chemicals...and stuff about their "organic by neccesity" tobacco farming. I don't know but every Cuban cigar I've smoked tasted better than the best from other countries.

2. More money doesn't always mean a better tasting cigar. By a long shot.
As a matter of fact I'd say there's absolutely no relationship between the money and taste
if you're talking real cigars.

3.If you find a brand you really like, go back to where you bought it and buy a whole bunch. Because next year it will be a totally different tasting cigar even though the label is the same. As a matter of fact, if you bought the same cigar from the same year but in a different store it might taste way different because of how it was stored along the way and variations in tobacco used even by the same company.

4. Cigars that develop a huge popularity will usually taste bad within a year or two. My theory is that when a guitar starts getting popular, the company will spend less time aging tobacco and start using whatever tobacco it can find to meet demand. Macanudos had that happen for me.

5. Cigars stink and will make your teeth very yellow. Worse than cigarettes, which makes sense because a lot more burnt tobacco smoke is passing through your mouth per smoking session. Hell, there's probably an entire PACK worth of cigarette tobacco in one stogie.

• Members

It's been years since I smoked but when i did I liked:

Davidoff, Gloria Cubano, Macanudos, Avo, Partagas.

A couple of things I remembered:

1. The Cuban cigars do taste better. It's not hype. I've heard theories like they use real manure as fertilizer instead of chemicals...and stuff about their "organic by neccesity" tobacco farming. I don't know but every Cuban cigar I've smoked tasted better than the best from other countries.

2. More money doesn't always mean a better tasting cigar. By a long shot.

As a matter of fact I'd say there's absolutely no relationship between the money and taste

if you're talking real cigars.

3.If you find a brand you really like, go back to where you bought it and buy a whole bunch. Because next year it will be a totally different tasting cigar even though the label is the same. As a matter of fact, if you bought the same cigar from the same year but in a different store it might taste way different because of how it was stored along the way and variations in tobacco used even by the same company.

4. Cigars that develop a huge popularity will usually taste bad within a year or two. My theory is that when a guitar starts getting popular, the company will spend less time aging tobacco and start using whatever tobacco it can find to meet demand. Macanudos had that happen for me.

5. Cigars stink and will make your teeth very yellow. Worse than cigarettes, which makes sense because a lot more burnt tobacco smoke is passing through your mouth per smoking session. Hell, there's probably an entire PACK worth of cigarette tobacco in one stogie.

in item #4 i think you meant cigar instead of guitar :facepalm::lol::lol::lol::poke::lol::lol:

Archived