Finding Jesus

Johnny-Boy

• Members

Hi, John

I think this is well crafted but I felt like some of the cleverness (trick rhymes, puns, and so on) distracted a little. Also that little Floyd Cramer-ism at the end of many lines seemed a bit much. And, though I may be out of step with today's ears, some of the harmonies seemed a little "overly in tune" -- too on the nose. (Almost as though there'd been some form of pitch correction, uh huh. ;) )

But, clearly, you guys are working on a high level of craftsmanship and I wouldn't offer these quick and minor crits so offhandedly if I didn't know you had the seasoned perspective to take them in stride.

• Members

Hi, John

I think this is well crafted but I felt like some of the cleverness (trick rhymes, puns, and so on) distracted a little. Also that little Floyd Cramer-ism at the end of many lines seemed a bit much. And, though I may be out of step with today's ears, some of the harmonies seemed a little "overly in tune" -- too on the nose. (Almost as though there'd been some form of pitch correction, uh huh.
;)
)

But, clearly, you guys are working on a high level of craftsmanship and I wouldn't offer these quick and minor crits so offhandedly if I didn't know you had the seasoned perspective to take them in stride.

I appreciate all your comments Blue.

Often decisions in our production are based on marketability. In other words, many of our songs are written for specific listings or clients.

I'm not sure if John Clark used auto-correct or not. Of course the bottom line is; I'd rather have perfect harmony than the alternative. Although I can appreciate what you

• Members

The performance was nice, kind of cheesy, but nice. The vocals and especially the choir parts felt, umm, very processed...almost as if you were using auto tune? If so, cut it out! Redo the vocal track without it, it sucks the soul out of the recording (it's all of that extra unneeded vibrato and unnaturally perfect harmonies). Plus it's a song about Jesus, and Jesus hates auto tune software...hehe. But in all seriousness, all of the vocal tracks needs to feel a bit more natural so it goes better with the nice piano track.

Technical critique: The vocals/choir parts don't sit well in the mix, they tend to overpower the music. But it's a good gospel/church song and VERY well written...I guess my only gripe is in the recording.

Archived