O/T: absolute bollocks...

petejt

• Members

:mad:

I was just re-posting a video I downloaded from YouTube, since I couldn't find it on there anymore. It was one of Charlie Murphy's "Hollywood Stories" (I named the video 'story'). I wanted it up there so I could send the link to a mate of mine, who hadn't seen it.

And this is what I got-

--------------------------------------------------------------------

A YouTube partner made a copyright claim on one of your videos

Dear {yours truly},

Viacom has claimed some or all audio and visual content in your video Story. This claim was made as part of the YouTube Content Identification programme.

Your video is no longer available because Viacom has chosen to block it.

Claim Details:

Copyright owner: Viacom

Content claimed: Some or all of the audio and visual content

Policy: Block this content.

Applies to these locations: Everywhere

Viacom claimed this content as a part of the YouTube Content Identification programme. YouTube allows partners to review YouTube videos for content to which they own the rights. Partners may use our automated video/audio matching system to identify their content, or they may manually review videos.

If you believe that this claim was made in error, or that you are otherwise authorised to use the content at issue, you can dispute this claim with Viacom and view other options in the Video-ID Matches section of your YouTube account. Please note that YouTube does not mediate copyright disputes between content owners. Learn more about video-identification disputes.

Sincerely,

The YouTube Content Identification Team

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Now what the bloody hell is this crap!? :mad::facepalm: Okay, it's from TV. It was made freely available in the public space, including the Internet. So WHY am I copped for this?

At least when I uploaded a copy of Adam02's parody of Yngwie Malmsteen, the "Malmsteen Management" bastards at least had the courtesy to just outright prevent the video from being uploaded, rather than put this slab of {censored} on me. wtf? :mad:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived