Sirius radio

jlc1587

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I will cancel Sirius when Stern retires in 2 years.

Oh and if you plan on listening to the Stern show, he only works 140 days a year and gets to take week long vacations ten times a {censored}ing year.
:rolleyes:

So basically the slogan was "no more bull{censored}" but what really happened was the FCC won and Howard won, the fans got {censored}ed over hard, we might as well give the FCC $13 a month so they can let Stern curse.

I'm with you there!! Stern is losing me as a fan. He was better on regular radio!!

• Members

Oh and if you plan on listening to the Stern show, he only works 140 days a year and gets to take week long vacations ten times a {censored}ing year.
:rolleyes:

So basically the slogan was "no more bull{censored}" but what really happened was the FCC won and Howard won, the fans got {censored}ed over hard, we might as well give the FCC $13 a month so they can let Stern curse.

Actually, this year I think he's going to clock in at around 170 live shows but yeah, they do a lot of time off. Its hard for the show to have any momentum at all thru the summer months, with all the starting and stopping.

Aside from that, I still think he's the best thing going in the entertainment world, so the 13 bucks doesn't bother me. If he does retire in 2 years I'll probably cancel my subscription, as will a large portion of their subscribers. I don't know if Sirius will be able to survive without him.

• Members
Squizz 48 which is current rock with Tool, Mudvayne, POD, Slipknot, etc mixed in. The classic rock channels are good also with no {censored}ing commercials.

This is why I don't have XM or Sirius. Same old {censored}, just no or less commercials and more {censored}ty music.

Honestly, when I'm in the car with my friend who has XM instead of hearing the same 3 songs that FM plays, I hear the same 7 songs that XM plays with the obligitory random "underground" song that sounds just the same as the mainstream songs. :facepalm:

• Members

This is why I don't have XM or Sirius. Same old {censored}, just no or less commercials and more {censored}ty music.

squizz 48 is a single channel.
sirius has one that plays more popular hard rock as well, but they have a lot of different rock channels. some of the channels play music you'd hear on the radio, and some play stuff you wouldnt hear on the radio. :idk:
im totally pleased from a musical standpoint- i just dont think i spend enough time listening to the radio anymore to have it.

• Members
Honestly, when I'm in the car with my friend who has XM instead of hearing the same 3 songs that FM plays, I hear the same 7 songs that XM plays with the obligitory random "underground" song that sounds just the same as the mainstream songs.
:facepalm:

that has not been my experience with sirius. they have more rock channels than any other genre i think..

• Members

i torrent all the howard TV vids.

but seriously...listening to Stern show while I work just makes the time go by so much easier

i recorded all the SIRIUS shows too. BUT....the hard drive i had the first six months of shows on crashed.:mad::cry: this was as i was backing it up. i tired to restore the drive and get the files but nothing worked. would you happen to know anyone(or anywhere) that has them as .wav or mp3's?

i would be willing to trade some of the HOWARD TV shows on dvd.

i'm lucky too that i'm able to listen while working. i like being able to hear it live rather than the replays. though, i miss parts during the morning and have to catch up later in the day.

• Members

I upgraded to the high quality online streaming so i didnt have to bring my sirius radio back and forth from the car to the house. It sounds damn good... But before I paid to upgrade it sounded like crap online. But thats crap that you got to pay 3 extra dollars. They should let their subscribers have the high quality stream.

• Members

well I listen to a lot of talk radio but I guess some stuff stern does I can't listen to. Like when he takes advantage of slow people... I don't know why that just makes me uncomfortable. It's hard for me to listen to that. But I do enjoy listening to parts of the show. According what topic they are on really. I listened to some Jay THomas on sirius radio and straight up hate it. He's so ignorant. Some of his opinions I can't tolerate. He's like the typical guy who goes with the flow and doesn't really think for himself. I also listened to richard simmons haha.... and that show was more entertaining than jay thomas... and thats sad. I haven't heard any other talk radio shows yet. Love the hard attack channel though until they play something im not in the mood for. I love classic metal as much as the next guy but I hate classic metal being in the mix with the new metal. I wish they had a classic metal channel and a regular metal channel. And I hate motorhead and judas priest.

• Members

well I listen to a lot of talk radio but I guess some stuff stern does I can't listen to. Like when he takes advantage of slow people... I don't know why that just makes me uncomfortable. It's hard for me to listen to that. But I do enjoy listening to parts of the show. According what topic they are on really. I listened to some Jay THomas on sirius radio and straight up hate it. He's so ignorant. Some of his opinions I can't tolerate. He's like the typical guy who goes with the flow and doesn't really think for himself. I also listened to richard simmons haha.... and that show was more entertaining than jay thomas... and thats sad. I haven't heard any other talk radio shows yet. Love the hard attack channel though until they play something im not in the mood for. I love classic metal as much as the next guy but I hate classic metal being in the mix with the new metal. I wish they had a classic metal channel and a regular metal channel. And I hate motorhead and judas priest.

If you listened to HS for a while and understood everyone there, he's really helping a lot of these people out. He pays them so much money to do nothing, and stuff that they want to do. Howard is a really good guy, believe it or not.

• Members

yeah but hes paying them money for people to laugh at them and make them do crazy stuff that they don't know any better. Thats about the only thing I don't like about it. And the drunk retard guy just isn't funny. It's gross too. I heard the other day when I was listening the howard stern battle of the bands... he had a band "the losers" lol it was pretty funny... he kept saying they were speed metal. Im not sure if it was a live show or a replay from a long time ago because I'm obviously not in the loop.

Archived