How do the Splawn Big Block Speakers Sound?

Chrisjd

• Members

I have the big blocks coming in a splawn cabinet soon. What are the tonal characteristics of this speaker? I have never heard the Celestion G12h before so I have no way to compare.

Do they have a nice cut and thick midrange? I hope to God they are not scooped.

• Members

if they're like h30's, they're pretty burly in the bottom, nice and clean on top, with a little bit of a scoop-- but moreso for clarity than for anything else. they're NOTHING like a t75, if you're worried about 'scoop' in that regard...

i can't speak for the big blocks having never heard them, but h30's are fantastic speakers with fender type 6l6 amps, and they sound really great with my el84's as well. clear as a bell and big... and they sound great driven hard!

• Members

if they're like h30's, they're pretty burly in the bottom, nice and clean on top, with a little bit of a scoop-- but moreso for clarity than for anything else. they're NOTHING like a t75, if you're worried about 'scoop' in that regard...

i can't speak for the big blocks having never heard them, but h30's are fantastic speakers with fender type 6l6 amps, and they sound really great with my el84's as well. clear as a bell and big... and they sound great driven hard!

Sounds good, looking forward to hearing them!

• Members

h30's are great chris.. they do a thing in the midbass that threw me for a loop being used to t75's-- they have what sounds like a LITTLE scoop in the very low mids-- i think it's to accentuate the very bottom-- but they don't qualify as scooped like METAL scooped.. i'd say they sound pretty doggone HUGE.. and efficient as all getout...

Archived