2nd metallica mix

cerebrix

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't see that'd it would be too hard for Metallica to release re-prints of the CDs, with the appropriately mixed & mastered tracks on them. All they have to do is, do that and then deliver them to all music stores around the planet, and people who bought the album can bring in their CD case & receipt, and receive a replacement CD for free.

They don't have to re-print the digipacks and booklets etc.

• Members

All they have to do is, do that and then deliver them to all music stores around the planet, and people who bought the album can bring in their CD case & receipt, and receive a replacement CD for free.

BwaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That's a good one. I'm sure the record company doesn't mind swallowing 750,000 or so CDs that have probably already been purchased.

There will be no recall. A new version, maybe, but doubtful. But a recall/exchange? Not in a million years.

• Members

i'm interested to see if/how they address this. it's become pretty widely talked about already, and since the remix came out so fast after the release, there's got to be some sort of response, right???

is there any precedent for this type of situation?

I doubt it, in the short term anyway. I'm sure you'll see another version a few years down the line, but most people aren't discriminating enough to care, they'll listen to it on their ipod earbuds and in their car and not notice anything wrong, so there's little incentive for them to waste money on mastering/CD production.

• Members

i'm interested to see if/how they address this. it's become pretty widely talked about already, and since the remix came out so fast after the release, there's got to be some sort of response, right???

is there any precedent for this type of situation?

I would have to say no and whoever did mix this is probably hiding under a desk somewhere preparing for his life after his professional blacklisting. Unless, he was told to do it this way. It will be interesting to see who gets the sacrificial stake burning in any regard.

• Members

half of the CDs released since 2000 maybe?

digital clipping isn't new. i get it. but the scope of this one is pretty intense. that was my only point. i've caught distortion on some of my favorite cds and it's annoying. death magnetic is just harsh.

also, the "remix" from a fan via video game audio tracks is pretty groundbreaking, i think. especially since it's been so popular.

• Members

Damn. This sounds 1000x better.

I blame Lars for this fiasco. All those little video clips of him sitting over the shoulder of the pro-tools guy, being a nitpicky douche...

I can see him talking, making big gestures with his {censored}ing spazzy hands -- "Can we make it louder?"

While I agree with you, it is HIS record. How much do you think they are paying for these services? I'd be a nitpicky douche too. Wouldn't you?

• Members

While I agree with you, it is HIS record. How much do you think they are paying for these services? I'd be a nitpicky douche too. Wouldn't you?

Definitely.

But...

In everything I do, especially when my career is on the line, I leave the technical stuff to those that are trained to make the proper calls.

EDIT: I realize this won't kill their career -- let's just say it could cost them some revenue.

This is all speculation on my part anyway. Maybe he is just as upset as the fans. :idk:

• Members
Definitely.

But...

In everything I do, especially when my career is on the line, I leave the technical stuff to those that are trained to make the proper calls.

EDIT: I realize this won't kill their career -- let's just say it could cost them some revenue.

This is all speculation on my part anyway. Maybe he is just as upset as the fans.
:idk:

I hope he's upset. I'd be pissed. The final product was destroyed by SOMEBODY. I wonder who will be held accountable in the end.

• Members
I agree. Any of those guys could turn that {censored}ty mix into something worth listening to... I really like the songs but the mix is so goddamn horrible that I wish I could get my hands on the separate tracks... even I could make that more listenable and I'm a {censored}ing amateur.

Agreed. I love the CD. Love it. They really {censored}ing redeemed themselves, IMO. But the mix is as bad, maybe worse than St. Anger was, sans the Chinese water torture snare drums.

I'd love to download the raw tracks into GarageBand and do my own mix. Oh and get rid of Kirk's solos and put my own in. :D

Archived