Good Craigslist dealing for a change

guitarbilly74

• Members

I've had so many annoying experiences with CL that I was already about to stop posting there altogether but hey it's free so...

anyway I posted my Peavey Ultra Plus for sale for $480 - I went a little higher than what I wanted with the price because I was already expecting the massive low-balling.

So I get an email from this guy saying "I 'm very interested let me know if still available" .. I am thinking "oh boy, here we go" but replied with my phone number. Much to my surprise, the guy calls me almost immediately and says he wants the amp. No low-balling at all.

He lives close to where I practice so I told him I could drop it off on my way to practice and he agrees.

I get there and the guy tries the amp for a few minutes - good player btw- handles me the full amount and even gives me an extra $20 for bringing it to him ( I didn't even ask for it). Not once he tried to haggle the price, guy's a real class act.

Now why OH WHY can't everybody deal like that?? Is it that {censored}ing hard??

• Members

Thats the way it should be. When I bought my recto I gave the guy the grand that he wanted, no low balling. I hate haggling over 50 bux, its so shady if its a fair price to begin with.

I'm also sick of seeing Epiphone LP's on CL for $400 bucks...

Oh well, glad you had luck

• Members

dude I've been trying to sell a car and I got an offer of a collection of law gnomes as down payment.. that's the kind of {censored} that usually happens to me on CL
:facepalm:

I tried to sell a cheap (full size) 5pc drum kit with an almost brand new set of zidljian cymbals ($250 new) for $100 because I didnt have the space for it anymore...

I got emailed all day long telling me the price was ridiculously high but they would give me $50, $60, $70 to help me out as a favor :facepalm:

Needless to say I pulled all the drum heads off, trashed them, stacked the shells and put the whole thing in the attic.

• Members

I tried to sell a cheap (full size) 5pc drum kit with an almost brand new set of zidljian cymbals ($250 new) for $100 because I didnt have the space for it anymore...

I got emailed all day long telling me the price was ridiculously high but they would give me $50, $60, $70 to help me out as a favor
:facepalm:

yeah that's the type of stuff I normally get from that site

• Members

I have had good luck on CL in the past but nothing but low ballers and time wasters for the past few months. You are lucky to have found a good buyer like that, not a good time to be selling gear. You got a good price for it too, now you will just regret selling it down the road, but at least you didn

Archived