NAD Bogner Uberschall with review and pics.

Chrisjd

• Members

Well. I have given this revision blue uber two days so far and I have some initial thoughts I would like to share.

Super smooth transaction with Buzz. The amp came in BRAND new condition. It definitely sounds different than what I expected.

I always like to compare new amps to current favorites. I gotta say, this thing smokes. If you dial it in properly, the lowend is completely controllable in my opinion. I run the presence up at about 2-3:00, which cuts a LOT of the bass out which tightens the amp significantly and obviously would work better for live applications. I have found a way to match the clean channel volume to that of the distortion channel. clean is good but nothing like the framus'.

While it is not NEARLY as tight as the Cobra, I would rank it about as tight as a 5150, giving a very slight edge to the 5150.

The amp has less fizz than a rectifier, and is probably a little tighter. I prefer the uber I think.

Power chords sound mean on this amp. They have that swirling roar to them. I noticed that this amp's gain is mostly all useable, even though I am keeping mine at about 1:00.

All in all, the Cobra is still my favorite amp, but I will give the Uber a fair chance and see how I agree with it.

uber1.jpg

uber3.jpg

uber4.jpg

uber5.jpg

uber6.jpg

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

While i'm at it, wat cabs/ guitars did you run thru it?

I have not ran it with the Cobra yet.

I am I tried all my guitars through it, schecter with an emg 81, ESP m1 with an 85, Viper baritone with a SD disortion and LTD mh400nt with with a sd distortion.

The Baritone and mh400nt sounded the best, followed by the schecter, and lastly the esp lol. Must not like the emg 87.

I ran it through the marshall cab with v30s, which is good, and a splawn cab with big blocks, which sucked.

Archived