ANYBODY WANT SOME FREE MIXING?

ckreon

• Members

Hey everyone.

Starting in late October/early November I'll be doing my annual give-back month.

I work as a full-time producer/engineer, and as caught up in the business as I do get sometimes, I like to take a month and recharge, and do some mixing purely for the love of music and for the aid of others.

If you guys have a tune you'd like mixed, please PM and let me know why you deserve it.

Obviously, I'd prefer if your music was really well tracked (as that makes my job much more fun, and MUCH easier), but a good song is a good song, no matter how its laid down.

Songs I choose are at my discretion, and I can only do so many. Also, depending on the condition of the songs I do choose - they may eat up more or less time than normal.

This isn't just an HCAF offer, I've put it up in a few of my regular places - so spots may go fast. BUT - this IS NOT A FIRST-COME, FIRST-SERVE thing, I'll go through everyone who contacts me and pick the ones who deserve it, or who's music just plain rocks hard enough that even if they don't deserve, they do!

http://www.myspace.com/killbotproductions for audio samples - although for this forum, the songs posted aren't really going to be in your genre haha.

• Members

Thanks for the interest and replies so far! It will be a hard choice as usual.

I'll be accepting stuff up until October 15th. So if you haven't got in yet, there's still time.

Diz: honestly, no. there is almost zero demand, and the market is flooded with engineers/producers. i hardly stay afloat, and the only way i do so is by diversity (doing more than just engineering/producing), and exploiting connections that i built while touring with my band. if you really want to do it, don't do it for money, as there isn't any. maybe consider it as a hobby, and use something else as your primary source for fundage (its way more expensive than buying amps/guitars - its like GAS on a whole new level).

cobra: thanks for the compliment, and yes, feel free to contact me whenever :thu:.

Sorry for the late replies all - the board went down right after I posted this for what seemed like days!

• Members

Diz: honestly, no. there is almost zero demand, and the market is flooded with engineers/producers. i hardly stay afloat, and the only way i do so is by diversity (doing more than just engineering/producing), and exploiting connections that i built while touring with my band. if you really want to do it, don't do it for money, as there isn't any. maybe consider it as a hobby, and use something else as your primary source for fundage (its way more expensive than buying amps/guitars - its like GAS on a whole new level).

This.

As I sit here drooling over what would end up being a $10,000 Brent Avrill 10 space 500 series rack.

• Members
This.

As I sit here drooling over what would end up being a $10,000 Brent Avrill 10 space 500 series rack.

Man I feel you there...can't have an empty rack space :cop::cop:

Are you going to AES this year? Probably would be a long trip down for you...

Archived