• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Sounds good, I just hear a lot of drumming mistake, sounds very n00bish
:cop:

Sounds great just {censored}ing with you Keith, lay off of yourself man, great clips thanks:p
:thu:

hehe thanks man :) I don't get to practice much either :( Like once a week....as far as drumming goes. I usually play guitar an hour a day.

• Members

nice clips
mine doesn't really sound like that either
i'm not really getting along with mine right now :( strugglin to get what i want out of it

this is about exactly how i dialed mine to sound with my duncan distortion..

http://www.bogneramplification.com/customshop/UberPatrick1.mp3

:love:
Chrisjd - what 'rough' settings will get me into this ball park?

that's more the sound i'm looking for with mine

• Members

I'll have to agree with some of the others here, my uber sounds nothing like that. I guess it has to do with tastes, settings and recording setup, but mine is much smoother and darker (in a good way). And I suppose you have the gain around noon on the dial which isn't enough for me...different strokes I guess.

• Members
nice clips

mine doesn't really sound like that either

i'm not really getting along with mine right now
:(
strugglin to get what i want out of it

Chrisjd - what 'rough' settings will get me into this ball park?

that's more the sound i'm looking for with mine

pm'ing you.

• Members
I'll have to agree with some of the others here, my uber sounds nothing like that. I guess it has to do with tastes, settings and recording setup, but mine is much smoother and darker (in a good way). And I suppose you have the gain around noon on the dial which isn't enough for me...different strokes I guess.

I think my gain was right at noon...more than enough for me :)

• Members
I record the drums and guitar parts and my buddy lays down the bass line
:)
He also does the engineering
He converted his Garage into a studio.

With your amp turnaround cycle, if you don't already you should record your guitar tracks direct, then just reamp them through every new amp you get.

You'll build up a catalog of the same song with all the amps you've ever bought eventually.

An encylopedia of tone references if you will... :thu:

I'll echo what was said above by a few people, my Uber's did not sound anything like those recordings in the room. :)

I actually like the recorded tones better than the "in the room" sounds.

I also think some of Uber clips on Bogner's own website are a little misleading as well compared to the "in the room" sound, just imo.

• Members

Jesus christ everyone here is crazy lol that clip was one of the clips that prevented me from get an Uber a loong loong time ago....I think it's horrible lol

lol dont worry dude, just different tastes. to me, that clip sounds like it's breathing fire :love:

• Members
lol dont worry dude, just different tastes. to me, that clip sounds like it's breathing fire

Yep, goes to show you that everything is personal preference...everyone hears something different. Why do you think I've tried all the amps I have...I can't listen to people's thoughts about them :) 9/10 what I think it sounds like is completely different then what other people think.

I think the only person that has similar taste to me on the boards is Erock503

• Members
Yep, goes to show you that everything is personal preference...everyone hears something different. Why do you think I've tried all the amps I have...I can't listen to people's thoughts about them
9/10 what I think it sounds like is completely different then what other people think.

I think the only person that has similar taste to me on the boards is Erock503

It's all good though mang

your noble (and QUITE epic) amp quest has helped me and probably a good deal of other people decide if certain items are even worth pursuing to them. It's all relative, but if it weren't for people like you on this board, I wouldn't know half these amps existed, let alone whether or not I think I would gel with them ;)

• Members
It's all good though mang

your noble (and QUITE epic) amp quest has helped me and probably a good deal of other people decide if certain items are even worth pursuing to them. It's all relative, but if it weren't for people like you on this board, I wouldn't know half these amps existed, let alone whether or not I think I would gel with them
;)

Dude I know you were toying with the idea of getting a Bogner so let me say this...if you ever want something in the vein of an Uber but still prefer the clarity and tightness of a VHT, consider the Mako MAK2(dorado).

Clarity and punch of a VHT with the evil voicing and low end of a Bogner.

• Members

Dude I know you were toying with the idea of getting a Bogner so let me say this...if you ever want something in the vein of an Uber but still prefer the clarity and tightness of a VHT, consider the Mako MAK2(dorado).

Clarity and punch of a VHT with the evil voicing and low end of a Bogner.

Is that the Mako Dime just sold? If so. :puke:

• Members

BTW, cool clips Keith.

The most fascinating thing about the Uber is that EVERYONE seems to get different results from that amp especially from a recorded standpoint. All the clips I usually hear don't do that amp justice nor fully show off its strengths or weaknesses.

• Members
If you're referring to me/mine, then no.

Otherwise I'm confused at what you're trying to point out.

He is saying that he hates the way the Mak-2 sounded on Keiths' clips, and asking if the amp you are suggesting is the same amp that made Keiths' clips, which it is. Therefore he is puking at your review. :thu:

I still want to try a damn Dorado or Mak-2, preferably. :cry:

-Ans-

• Members
He is saying that he hates the way the Mak-2 sounded on Keiths' clips, and asking if the amp you are suggesting is the same amp that made Keiths' clips, which it is. Therefore he is puking at your review.

I still want to try a damn Dorado or Mak-2, preferably.
:cry:

-Ans-

:o I C

I wish I had a recording rig to post some clips so everybody could hear what this thing can do.

I should at least try and see how it sounds with my digi camera mic.

• Members
He is saying that he hates the way the Mak-2 sounded on Keiths' clips, and asking if the amp you are suggesting is the same amp that made Keiths' clips, which it is. Therefore he is puking at your review.

I still want to try a damn Dorado or Mak-2, preferably.
:cry:

-Ans-

:thu: You got it!

• Members
:o
I C

I wish I had a recording rig to post some clips so everybody could hear what this thing can do.

I should at least try and see how it sounds with my digi camera mic.

...send it to me ahead your arrival at Ampfest. :thu: I'll bring it with me to Ampfest then send it back to you afterwards. It'll work out perfectly!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

-Ans-

Archived