Misha (Bulb) from Periphery gets an Axe-FX Ultra

JoshuaLogan

• Members

Sure, the modeling stuff will get obsolete after a few years and there will be better amp sims, but it's still an awesome FX unit to run with a real amp or with other gear on it's own and since I still see people using 20 year old rack gear, I don't see that aspect getting obsolete anytime soon.

-W

This is probably true. But seeing as Cliff is constantly coming out with software upgrades, it's likely as not that the better amp sims will keep getting better without having to buy new hardware, at least for a good while. Hence while the current modeling software might get "obsolete" in the sense that there's better stuff out there, it's quite possible that that better stuff will still be an Axe-FX/Ultra. Or at least, that's my hope.

• Members

so did Meshuggah officially leave Line6 and switch to Fractal?

I don't know what you mean by "official" but yes, in the sense that they have made the Axe-FX their primary unit. I'm not sure if they were endorsers of Line6 before or just high-profile users; either way they are now undoubtedly one of Fractal's most high-profile users.

• Members

So after listening, I definitely like his POD clips a lot more. I think his best POD tone is on his track, "Absolbomb".

That being said, he just got the axe-fx recently, and thats his first recording. From what I recall, his early POD recordings weren't very good.

Once he gets a few spins with the axe-fx, i'm sure he'll put together some mind boggling sounds.

• Members

You always seem to read in to my posts too much. For ME and MY MUSIC, I like big, warm tones. I like fat tones. I like passive pickups.

For MISHA'S MUSIC, I think that the digital, kinda harsh thing works. It's actually one of the very few kinds of music that I think actually needs that kind of sound. That's not a knock on the AFX...that's just saying that it sounds TOO much like a tube amp for this music where a digital sound seems to fit. That's a compliment for the AxeFX though...I'm saying that it sounds convincingly tube-like. Or who knows...maybe he just doesn't have it dialed in right yet.

You seem to keep forming these opinions about me, and then seem surprised when I go against them. Just to clarify though, I like passives, I like warm tones when I'm playing and making my music. That doesn't mean those tones that I like work for everyone. Ya dig?

lol I wasn't surprised you went against anything. You didn't know Tymon's recording was EMGs. I just think it's funny that you bash EMGs and tell people to take them out of their guitars and blah blah blah, and yet you prefer their sound on recording and a bunch of bands you like use them (In Flames, Killswitch Engage, etc.)

• Members

lol I wasn't surprised you went against anything. You didn't know Tymon's recording was EMGs. I just think it's funny that you bash EMGs and tell people to take them out of their guitars and blah blah blah, and yet you prefer their sound on recording and a bunch of bands you like use them (In Flames, Killswitch Engage, etc.)

Hey Josh no offense but this is an example of you making a fight out of nothing... Joe explained his position, said what he preferred for himself and why he felt the POD might suit Bulb's style more than the Axe-FX. And he wasn't bashing the Axe-FX; he was complimenting it. Just let it go man, shake it off and be :cool:

:wave:

• Members

It's a good attempt. He's got some work to do to make it jaw dropping, but all in good time i guess.

I agree with the "too warm" complaint, a cold digital tone works for what he does.

That's {censored}ing kick ass. I don't understand why people think it's expensive, I mean spending 2k on an amp, cab, mics, and interface is probably not going to sound as good as this
:love:

I really want one for a dorm rig
:o
Probably end up selling off all my stuff haha

yea, but it's a mojo killer, but then again I'm an ass that plays for myself and doesn't record clips for you folks s:o

• Members

Hey Josh no offense but this is an example of you making a fight out of nothing... Joe explained his position, said what he preferred for himself and why he felt the POD might suit Bulb's style more than the Axe-FX. And he wasn't bashing the Axe-FX; he was complimenting it. Just let it go man, shake it off and be
:cool:

:wave:

I don't care that he wasn't bashing it. That wasn't the point. I was talking about how he talks about EMGs and the irony in it. I was just pointing out more of the constant contradicting bull{censored} you always see on HCAF..... the sheep are constantly talking out of their ass here.

• Members

I don't care that he wasn't bashing it. That wasn't the point. I was talking about how he talks about EMGs and the irony in it. I was just pointing out more of the constant contradicting bull{censored} you always see on HCAF..... the sheep are constantly talking out of their ass here.

Sheep? LMAO...I've owned 2 EMG81's and 2 EMG 85's. I've tried them in guitars of all kinds of different woods. Is that enough for me to form an educated opinion on them?

• Members

he explained the EMG thing too (neither of the bands you mentioned that he likes use the Mark IV either, do they?).

"For ME and MY MUSIC, I like big, warm tones. I like fat tones. I like passive pickups."

^

Whatever mang, all I'm sayin' is sometimes you're more combative/abrasive than the situation calls for. If you think someone is being self-contradictory, it's better to point it out in a humorous poking manner than a "you're such a self-important douchebag look here you bashed EMGs and then you said you like these recordings which have EMGs :mad::mad::mad:" manner. ;) Or at least that would be my take on things. It's better to make friends than enemies, even on the internet. :)

• Members

he explained the EMG thing too (neither of the bands you mentioned that he likes use the Mark IV either, do they?).

"For ME and MY MUSIC, I like big, warm tones. I like fat tones. I like passive pickups."

^

Whatever mang, all I'm sayin' is sometimes you're more combative/abrasive than the situation calls for. If you think someone is being self-contradictory, it's better to point it out in a humorous poking manner than a "you're such a self-important douchebag look here you bashed EMGs and then you said you like these recordings which have EMGs
:mad:
:mad::mad:" manner.
;)
Or at least that would be my take on things. It's better to make friends than enemies, even on the internet.
:)

The bull{censored} people spread here is constant, and yet most of them are quick to take advantage of every chance they have to be an asshole, so it kind of changes the way you react to things. I don't particularly care about a few HCAF "enemies"... I'd rather call people on their bull{censored} than listen to them ranting and repeating opinions they read somewhere on the internet without knowing what they're talking about. I know you understand what I'm saying, you just haven't had people piss you off enough to bother commenting on any of it. But whatever.... doesn't matter....

Archived