I have special writing sheets, you'll need a printer

vladtra

• Members

Bob Diamond: You wouldn't understand.

Daniel Miller: Don't treat me like a moron. Try me.

Bob Diamond: I was trapped near the inner circle of thought.

Daniel Miller: I don't understand.

--

• Members

vladtra

I strongly suspect that just as any musical notation system depends on prior knowledge of the theory behind the system and fairly intimate familiarity with the conventions of the system, your sheets here quite likely have broad and rich inferential value to you -- but, frankly, to the rest of us, it probably looks like there's not enough information for someone who's not intimately familiar with your system (and that, I'm guessin' would be most anyone who's not you).

This is in no way to diminish the value of your system either to you or as a model for others. But, like I said, to the rest of us, I'm thinking it looks pretty skeletal -- not easy to intuit from what's been given.

:)

• Members

Okay here's a song file which was created using those sheets. Duration is 2:55. Not bad for now.

The song is poetical and the guitar you hear in the background was made using the sheets by using acid pro and playing the guitar to the 8 beat measures. The drums are from absynth through fl studio. and everything was mastered from three tracks in it's final phase with acid.

Once you get the hang of it you'll feel ten feet tall.

Can you post scans of the sheets you used to create this particular track? As in, with everything filled in? That might help to understand what you're going for here. What is "the 13 note" or "the 25 note"? How do you get from 44422122 to 21?

• Members

http://www.vladtra.com/song_writing_sheets.htm The filled out sheets I used to make that particular track are there.

The 13th note is like an oscillation of a 4 and you can make out some hardcore notes with it. 4 2/2 11 1/1 1 turn it around like a mirrored image right there you get a 25 note. also it corresponds perfectly with harmony theory. which sucks for me cause now I have to make a song with this note and until I do I live like second hand musician type in respects.

The background guitar was easy to make and sounded very powerful just follow your time measures and make sure they are on cue.

I also learned a new note which I was told to watch out for from the book music an appreciation. A B A, A B A, A B A, A B A . Kinda like swinging music but very groovey.

Thanks for your support.

• Members

okay an 8 note is 3 2 1 2 and a number is a beat

a 18th note is 3 3 3 2 2 1 2 2 beats in these measures

a 36 note is 6 6 6 4 4 2 4 4 beats in these measures

a 72 note is 12 12 12 8 8 4 8 8 beats in these measures

and 288 notes is 4 72 notes, now this is where the harmonics morph
---------------------------------------------------
20 20 20 20 20 20 24 24 24 24 24=288notes

40 40 40 36 36 12 12 36 36=288notes

60 60 72 24 72=288notes

Now I have found this structure in almost every song and at the same tempo 112.5bpm

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

But on the more important note which is 4 4 4 2 2 1 2 2 repeat which was derived from 3 2 1 2 and there are many other notes to discover.

But bling I just discovered a really simple right in front of my face aba, aba, aba , aba so on repeat.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
The thriteenth note is very circular in it's sound and is explained in one of the last few reply's

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 288 notes are not that important unless you really have the ambition to put that many components into just one song

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Archived