Are Dimarzio blaze 7 pickups mid scooped

fistacuffs

• Members

Are Dimarzio blaze 7 pickups mid scooped

a couple people in the "user reviews" section commented on that

I put this under amps because i think more seven string guys hang out here.

and love the metalz

the electric guitar forum says "new telecaster threads only"

• Members

I think they're a bit dark, not too much treble. I would say they aren't particularly scooped, compared to any other pickup. They sound very good in a bright or medium wood like Alder.

Pretty much everything in the bands my sig was recorded with an Ibanez RG7420 with a Blaze 7 in the bridge.

• Members

Those pickups were terrible when I bought a pair.. way too bassy and undefined.

Undefined?? They are very clear with a powerful bass.. The Blaze pickups are one of the more defined pickups I have tried. I play a lot of 7 string ugly type chords and I can get all the notes to ring out..

And yes the Dimarzio site says they are scooped but so the {censored} what!! What does that mean as far as pickups go? It means it won't overdrive the input of your amp as quickly as say an Evolution or Tone Zone might.. Its not even close to say turning the mids on your amp down.. I think the Blaze is about as good as it gets for the 7 string as it keeps the Low B(or A) really fat and powerful yet it has clear pick attack..

And @ Fistacuffs- The 7621 does not come stock with Blaze pickups. Some may say Blaze II and some even say New 7's.. I find the stock 7621 Dimarzio p'up to be brighter and less defined than the Blaze..

• Members

I really didn't like the stock pickups in my RG7621, which I thought were Blaze IIs, though found different info on what's exactly in there. I just found them a little flat and neutral-sounding. But, after about a week I started to appreciate them. They're voiced to let a 7 string cut thru well. I guess you could call it a mid scoop, maybe a high mid bump, but they're also sort of tame in the upper highs too. It's almost like sharp and smooth wih a healthy dose of aggression thrown in. Not bad really.

• Members

I think they're a bit dark, not too much treble. I would say they aren't particularly scooped, compared to any other pickup. They sound very good in a bright or medium wood like Alder.

Pretty much everything in the bands my sig was recorded with an Ibanez RG7420 with a Blaze 7 in the bridge.

Are you talking about the Dimarzio Blaze, or the rubbish pickups that came with 7620s 'n' such? The Dimarzio is definitely a fairly scooped sounding pickup.

Personally they're not to my liking. As ENdtime said, it's not so much like turning the mids down on your amp though. It does affect the colour of your amp's distortion though (think more like turning down the mids knob on a Mesa Mark series amp).

To me they sounded pretty pissweak though. I tried, I didn't like. In the bridge of my 7s I've got a Tone Zone, Evo, and a Blaze Custom (very different from the Blaze). All three I prefer over the Blaze easily, although Evo in the RG2127X I'm not entirely sure about (don't know what to replace with though). The Tone Zone sounds effing HUGE, but that isn't always a good thing. The Evo and BC are both better for fast, tight metal stuff... the TZ sounds a lot bigger and warmer for lead playing though.

I'm considering a BC to replace the Evo, but they're two very different sounding guitars, so I dunno... :(

Air Nortons in the neck for all of 'em, and they're all staying! :cop:

• Members

Played the guitar tonight and liked it a lot

could anyone tell me for sure what pickups came stock in a

black 99 rg7621?

and thank you

They came with the "New 7" pickups, which personally I think are bollocks. My RG7620 came with 'em, and I replaced them with a Blaze Custom and Air Norton and now it sounds effin' sweet.

• Members

i have a blaze in the bridge of my RG7420...and soon one in the neck ...thou i was hoping for an air norton but im not picky as i found a killer deal.

scooped? yeah i guess you could say but not in a bad way...i have my mids on my amp past halfway so it kinda balances it out.

i have some clips here with the 7 string blaze bridge

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=780120&content=music

im sure there better 7 pickups out there but im not too fussy...thou im considering swapping out hte ceramic bar for an alnico type.

• Members

thank you for the info

I know the person selling the guitar so we took the strings off

and looked under the neck pickup there is a brass plate that said

"dimarzio pickups made in the usa"

but no model number I was hoping they were blazes

but most people agree they are new 7's

they sounded good but eq ed very flat if that makes sence

Archived