McDonalds: is it really that bad for you?

Antipownt

• Members
oh yeah, this is my little secret (maybe not a secret to others) on how I would get fresh fries. Ask for unsalted fries, they have to cook a fresh batch since they salt them upon completion!

That's what I do all the time :lol:

But seriously, with all the burger joints available in the US, I find it hard to believe that you guys would choose Mickey Dees over say In and Out or even Carls Jr :confused:

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I been off junk food an on a pretty clean diet for 5+ years, even at times when I have to eat something that has high fat, or sodium, I can really feel it, it actually hurts my head. I would say anyone is better off with a burger from a dinner than from a fast food place,

Yep, same with me. Haven't touched fast food in 5+ years either. In fact the smell of McDonalds and Burger Kings make me feel sick. Truly. I used to love that {censored} too.

Now I find they make great bathroom stops while travelling.

• Members

Yep, same with me. Haven't touched fast food in 5+ years either. In fact the smell of McDonalds and Burger Kings make me feel sick. Truly. I used to love that {censored} too.

Now I find they make great bathroom stops while travelling.

I used to eat that {censored} all the time but now I only eat any form of fast food once a fortnight.

• Members

yes, it is that bad for you

a big mac has 29 grams of fat, 10 grams of saturated fat, and 1040 miligrams of sodium...that's 40-50% of the recommended daily dose of each, in one relatively small sandwich...you do get 25 grams of protein & 25 grams of carbs in it, which is somewhat redeeming, but still not something you should eat regularly

• Members

Go online to a BMI ( body mass index calculator) and see where you stand.

166 lbs at 6'1 is pretty thin man...the BMI scale is a very rough measure at best. For instance, I am 6'0 215lbs , 12%bf and considered obese by the BMI scale.

Bodyfat measurement is really the most accurate way to judge how fat you are.

• Members
That's what I do all the time
:lol:

But seriously, with all the burger joints available in the US, I find it hard to believe that you guys would choose Mickey Dees over say In and Out or even Carls Jr
:confused:

I believe in and out is only in california and some states surrounding it.

but they make some really yummy burgers:love:

• Members

166 lbs at 6'1 is pretty thin man...the BMI scale is a very rough measure at best. For instance, I am 6'0 215lbs , 12%bf and considered obese by the BMI scale.

Bodyfat measurement is really the most accurate way to judge how fat you are.

BMI is {censored}ing horse{censored}. I'm considered drastically overweight at 5'8-5'9 170. And I'm nowhere near ever chubby. Just an athletic build.

• Members

God damn it. I've stayed away from fast food for a long ass time now, but for some horrible reason, even after discussing how bad McDonald's is for you, I want some right now.

I guess I should go get some just to remind myself how {censored}ing wretched it is.

• Members
God damn it. I've stayed away from fast food for a long ass time now, but for some horrible reason, even after discussing how bad McDonald's is for you, I want some right now.

I guess I should go get some just to remind myself how {censored}ing wretched it is.

:lol:

I'm getting chipotle tomorrow!!! :love:

Nutrition Facts

Calories 1170 Cal from Fat 410

Total Fat 47g
Saturated Fat 19g
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 245mg
Sodium 2600mg
Protein 84g

THAT'S what's up. :cop:

• Members
look.. no trans fat!!!! It's healthy, man... Get the supersized combo!!
:thu:

That is with extra meat and {censored}. I could get a normal burrito that would equal this:

Nutrition Facts

Calories 675 Cal from Fat 170
Total Fat 20g
Saturated Fat 4g
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 110mg
Sodium 1920mg
Total Carbs 79g
Protein 45g

• Members

I believe in and out is only in california and some states surrounding it.

but they make some really yummy burgers:love:

We've had them in Las Vegas now for around 10-15 years.

Before we had them whenever me and my buddy's went to LA for

a concert we'd always eat at least once at IN & Out. One time I got off

an exit to an I&O and it was their Univercity.

Archived