OT: i went to the dentist

hepsh

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

For those that have had braces you'll understand.

When I was 11 years old I had braces on in order to correct my buck teeth. This visit the orthodontist put on a retainer to smooth our the curve of my upper front teeth. To do this you need to put pressure on the inside of the teeth and this is done by a stainless steel rib across the roof of the mouth, which exerts pressure on the roof of the mouth and pushes against the teeth.
The orthodontist got the pressure a bit too high and since this was not something that usually needed constant checking, my next visit was scheduled for 8 weeks later. Because of the excess pressure, the stainless steel rib of the retainer pushing against the roof of my mouth slowly cut into the flesh of the roof of my mouth and buried itself in there and then healed over. Because this was a slow process it didn't even bleed.
On my next visit, the orthodontist told me what had happened. To remove it he sprayed a little of the spray type freezing and pulled it out with a pair of pliers. The freezing did little if anything and I still, decades later remember how it felt like he was pulling the whole roof of my mouth out. All I could say was yeowwww!:cry::cry::cry:

• Members
For those that have had braces you'll understand.

When I was 11 years old I had braces on in order to correct my buck teeth. This visit the orthodontist put on a retainer to smooth our the curve of my upper front teeth. To do this you need to put pressure on the inside of the teeth and this is done by a stainless steel rib across the roof of the mouth, which exerts pressure on the roof of the mouth and pushes against the teeth.

The orthodontist got the pressure a bit too high and since this was not something that usually needed constant checking, my next visit was scheduled for 8 weeks later. Because of the excess pressure, the stainless steel rib of the retainer pushing against the roof of my mouth slowly cut into the flesh of the roof of my mouth and buried itself in there and then healed over. Because this was a slow process it didn't even bleed.

On my next visit, the orthodontist told me what had happened. To remove it he sprayed a little of the spray type freezing and pulled it out with a pair of pliers. The freezing did little if anything and I still, decades later remember how it felt like he was pulling the whole roof of my mouth out. All I could say was yeowwww!
:cry:

holy {censored}

• Members

yeah he's probably all like

g'day mate, lemme at them chompers

want some shrimp from the barbie

etc

lol i know ur having a sarcasm..but everyone thinks ozzies are like that. in gr 4 we had pen pals in canada and my one asked if we rode kangaroos. and no my dentists not like that.

Archived