Those who have old Charvels/Jacksons w/ original pickups

JnBroadbent

• Members

You want a killer tone. Find a Jackson J90C and a JE-1000 electronics boost. Used to use those in a few guitars years ago with a Furman PQ-3 into tube amp. That sounded awesome, wish I still had them.

I'm building my own Je1000 since they are nearly impossible to find.

• Members

I had some old J-100 singles in my SL-1 before i swapped them out for EMG SAs. They werent bad, especially for clean, but the strings were so close to the body that i kept catching my pick on the raised pole pieces and it was a {censored}ing ballache. Not as much juice as id like either, but not bad pickups really

James

• Members
I had some old J-100 singles in my SL-1 before i swapped them out for EMG SAs. They werent bad, especially for clean, but the strings were so close to the body that i kept catching my pick on the raised pole pieces and it was a {censored}ing ballache. Not as much juice as id like either, but not bad pickups really

James

I haven't tried them but I heard they sucked balls.

The humbuckers on the other hand rule nuck sacks. :rawk:

• 5 months later...
  • Members

hallo JnBroadbent, I don't want to bother:poke:,my English is very bad and I do not know how the forum works:facepalm:. I have spent much time looking for at least one photo of the JE-1000 to make my own replica but nothing found. I wondered if you could publish the schematic, or send me an email with it, I would greatly appreciate. since I just registered for this.

• 1 year later...
  • Members

Do you still have the J-50BC pick up? If so I am very interested in it....let me know, although I do realize your post is over a year old...:eek:

Thanks Matt

I have a J-50BC or whatever it's called. Came stock in my '89 Charvel. Let me know if you want it.

Archived