Feedback On My Band's New Song?

ajc690

• Members

Is the song called Apologize? Just checking? How did you get over 11,000 plays after only posting it last week? You must have a lot of loyal friends!

I think I have 25 plays in a year .... lol ..... good thing I'm not relying on # plays to pay my bills....

• Members

Thanks for all the kind replies. I play guitar in the band. That's literally only the second Evanescence comment that we've received so far, so I must say I'm pretty proud of that, since we strive to be nothing like them. Yes, the track is titled "Apologize." We get a ton of plays from literally sitting on MySpace, talking to people, adding people, and basically promoting in every way, shape, or form possible. For instance, posting on this site is a form of promotion in a sense. We haven't gotten any complaints so far, in regards to her voice, but I could tell a bit where her pitch fluctuates. To me, it's not a problem because I'm proud to say that everything we recorded was recorded by ourselves, without the aid of filtering and especially auto-tune, which is used nowadays for singers to edit and "better" their vocals. None was used on ours. All in all, thanks for all of the positive statements, and I welcome more!

-Alex

• Members

Thanks for all the kind replies. I play guitar in the band. That's literally only the second Evanescence comment that we've received so far, so I must say I'm pretty proud of that, since we strive to be nothing like them. Yes, the track is titled "Apologize." We get a ton of plays from literally sitting on MySpace, talking to people, adding people, and basically promoting in every way, shape, or form possible. For instance, posting on this site is a form of promotion in a sense. We haven't gotten any complaints so far, in regards to her voice, but I could tell a bit where her pitch fluctuates. To me, it's not a problem because I'm proud to say that everything we recorded was recorded by ourselves, without the aid of filtering and especially auto-tune, which is used nowadays for singers to edit and "better" their vocals. None was used on ours. All in all, thanks for all of the positive statements, and I welcome more!

-Alex

Hey, Alex... the moderator here.

Posting in the songwriting forum -- as you'll note if you read the rules in the sticky at the top of the forum listings [SW Forum RULES (read this BEFORE posting!) :: RESOURCE LIST] -- is for works in progress only. Posting finsihed works for promo sake is strictly forbidden, as you will read in the rules.

Since I just had to close someone else's thread for breaking the rules, I'm afraid I'm going to have to close this thread as well.

But -- with 11,000 plays -- I'm thinking you don't need any more promo at our expense -- and people who are actually trying to get feedback on their own work in progress need the space.

I hope you'll understand and perhaps stick around to discuss the art and craft of songwriting, help others with their works in progress and, perhaps, when you're working on a new song, post that for comment and critique.

Thanks in advance for your kind understanding.

[uPDATE: We've started a new, OFFICIAL MONTHLY SHOWCASE THREAD. Please feel free to re-post this song or others in that thread!]

Archived