:-(

BoredGuitarist7

• Members

This looks like fun!! hehehe

You can parody easily Hip/Hop, Rap songs since they use a lot of slang and it would be fun to translate those. Also, if you translate any pop or punk song that's already clever or funny (like any song from Blink 182 or even Pink) you have your job done easier ;)

• Members

Okay but if you parody Wierd Al how's anybody going to know you're parodying him and not the original artists he parodies?

What identifies the song as being a parody of Wierd Al?
:confused:

It seems you would have to identify all of WAY's key methodologies, gimmicks, and fetishes -- accordions, broad sound-alike parody, food lyrics, etc -- and then find a song to parody that would be somehow particularly un-WAY... perhaps some no-go tearjerker based on a real tragedy. Now that would be funny...

... or maybe not... :facepalm:

[say... I just realized something... the Doh! icon isn't quite legit... it's got four fingers... freakin' weird.]

• Members

No I still think it's a good idea and I liked blue2blue's idea of using something based on some kind of tragedy - I just think you would have to be careful. I think, what is that Billy Joel song. Downeaster Alexa or something like that, in Wierd Al mode, would be a go.

Something really tragic, involving real people with survivors? :idk:

I think even Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald (I am guessing at these song titles) as tempting as it might be, could just get your ass kicked.

• Members

In my college level Spanish class, we have to choose a well-known song, and convert it into a parody version, in Spanish. I was thinking of choosing Sergeant Peppers Lonely Heart Clubs Band or Kiss By a Rose... anyone else have any ideas? :poke:

You should submit this for the "not your native tongue" category of Songwriting Challenge 13.

BTW - is that Padma Lakshmi in your avatar?

Archived